Chapter 11: Mass Control

It was late the next morning as it heavily rained against the window of Arion's room. Arion simply laid in his bed just laying still until he heard a knock at the door "Arion" it was Claire "Arion come on...I know you're in. Right I'm coming in" Claire came in with her hair in a single ponytail wearing a light-blue jumper, with a pink V-neck with blue jeans "Arion" he simply sat up

"oh...good morning" Arion said sadly "what brings you here?"

"I came to check on you and I can see...I did right" she sat on the bed next to him "How are you feeling?"

"I've...been better"

Claire could only sigh "Thor told me everything" said Claire "I can...only imagine what happened" Tema didn't respond "I came to ask...if you're coming with us to Nolan"

"Why should I?" said Arion said somewhat coldly

"Well Alise is waiting for you. We've been waiting a while but...you never showed. She's really worried"

"How can she be? It's all fiction"

Arion stood up from his bed "that world...is just a game...nothing more, nothing less"

"Arion...what are you talking about?" said Claire

"oh...don't give me that" Arion said with an angry tone "you know as well as I do it's an artificial world. A game where chumps like me can become heroes. That is all it is" his tone dropped "So how can...someone...be waiting for me?"

"Arion...yes...it's a game" said Claire "Created by man. It's a world just based on zeroes and ones but...there's one thing you don't realise in that statement. You may think it's all made up or be convincing yourself it's made up but...you don't truly believe it...do you?"

Arion just looked away "you've noticed it too?" said Claire "Things have been different ever since you met her. She could be made up but...your feelings aren't"

"You know heard a voice...when I got struck by the lightning. I've...heard a voice for some time" he turned to her "at first...it was faint but...I heard it...loud and clear when I was near the bird. It had a single sentence...bring me...the girl"

"so...you just want to ignore it? Well...can't you?" said Claire

"No...it's...getting louder every time. It sounds...so dark and malicious. I can even...feel my body want to voluntarily move...to obey"

"so...you're worried about her? See...you believe yourself it's not entirely fake"

"it's because of that I can't go back!" he shouted which caught her off guard

Arion simply sat on the bed hiding his face "the bird...was gentle and pure. It had no intention of fighting at all. So...I was...forced to fight it. When I...struck that bird...I enjoyed it...for a brief moment...I...lived on the thrill of it. When it just...lay there still and limp...I realised...what I had done" Claire placed a hand on his shoulder

"Arion...I'm going to say this" said Claire "You are a good person...kind and caring. If anything you saved that bird...from the pain of that scarlet lighting"

"sorry Claire...I didn't...see it as saving it"

Claire looked annoyed as she retracted her hand and stood up  "so...your just going to give up on yourself? Just because you can't forgive yourself? No-one blames you Arion...No-one" Arion didn't answer and just laid down looking at the wall "Alise...hasn't given up on you...and...she'll wait for you" Arion didn't respond.