Chapter 24: Left with Almost Nothing

The knights castle...the sight of a warriors final venture. It is at this location...where a warrior acquires the legendary map. The map being the whole goal of the adventure which would point one to the lair of the lost King. Arion is just one of  those warriors...however he is not there for the fun but for the need to save his friends.

Madam Noire, a woman who spearheaded the Aegis project, is on the verge of completing it with only mere minutes until it's finished. Sheena had fallen to Boris, and Zophia with Gawain were keeping Lancelot meaning Only Arion and Arthur stood in her way with Alise watching with worry. Arthur now stands ready to fight Noire...who has taken Arthur's powers as her own.

Arthur drew out his wide silver and shiny sword, and Noire the same sword only dark in colour. Arthur looked up at the virtual number which hovered in the air near the back wall "I must triumph over the witch Noire before that number reaches all zeroes"

"Well...you haven't got long" said Noire overhearing him "and I appreciate if you didn't keep calling me a witch. Well then...let's go" Noire charged forward as did Arthur then with strong swings their swords clashed.

The two looked even in strength, neither one looking to outmatch the other. Then they both jumped away from each other, and once again charged while slashing theirs swords. The two constantly began trading blows with one another, they swords constantly clashing and striking with the friction of their blades creating sparks which peppered the area around them.

The jumped back yet again and this time both thrusting their hands forward shot a strong vacuum of wind at each other. The two currents clashed and simply petered out into nothing. Arthur prepared himself

"This witch has indeed taken my powers...and her strength is equal to my own. We could engage in combat until the sun dropped over the horizon and still no winner could be announced"

"Why are you stalling Lord Arthur?" said Noire pointing to the digital countdown "you have about...less than five minutes now"

"My best hope...is to wear her down...so Arion can hope to take her" Arthur charged forward as did Noire.

Noire swung out sword as did Arthur but he hit her blade badly "Got you now!" Noire swung a wide slice at Arthur to which the blade appeared to go right through him. Arthur did flinch but took a wide swing at Noire. His blade went through her too, but she also reacted from the hit. The two staggered a bit from their attacks but also recovered quickly. Arthur thrust out a punch, as did Noire. However Arthur diverted his aim a little to the right which resulted in the pair of them striking each other.

The power of their attacks sent both Arthur and Noire back a considerable distance landing with a mild, heavy, crash on the floor. As they got up, both of their armours were scraped from the fall. They both got up "what exactly are you playing at?" said Noire rubbing her bruised cheek "you're not normally this rough"

"I'm not often annoyed either" said Arthur pulling his arm back "now prepare for this"

"Again with the men. What is it with men and wind?" they both thrust their hands forward, but Arthur held back at the last moment.

Noire shot a very strong vacuum of wind knocking Arthur clean of his feet. As Arthur's feet left the ground, he managed to thrust his arm forward shooting his own vacuum of wind. Noire was too surprised to react to which she too was sent backwards, scraping along the floor smashing into the back wall. Arthur meanwhile smashed into the wall, next to the door they had come through. Arthur then fell down to the ground