Chapter 16 - grounding day 6

Tomorrow, tomorrow was the day. You were really out of it today though so you couldn't really focus on class. You were staying after school to do extra work since you were failing. The bell rang and the class slowly left, the students slowly left the room and oddly enough there was Toby. He had fallen asleep in the middle of class. The teacher had left to print out copies for your homework you saw that Toby had his hood over his head and was resting his head on the desk. You gently pinched the hood and slowly lifted it up and see his messy brown hair. You giggled at his cute and sleepy expression. You poked his knows and watched his itch his nose and resume sleeping. You laughed quietly and tried to poke him again. Suddenly he grabbed you by the wrist.

"You know" He said with his eyes still closed "I have a thing called a bubble of space" He opens his eyes "and you just poped it"
"Errrrmmmmm, it was just the wind?"
"Good one" He chuckled sitting up, he yawns and stretches "class over?"
"Mhm" You nod
"Why you still here then?"
"I'm failing some classes, I'm getting some extra credit done"
"That sounds fun" He jokes
"yeah, it is" You play along

The teacher comes back and hands you about fifteen papers and sent you on your way. Your original plan was to walk to the library and get the papers finished before tomorrow. Your mother knew and told you to be back before ten so you could get some rest before the interview.

"I can help" Toby says as the two of you exit the school
"Really?"
"Yeah, I mean why not?"
"Well I was going to head off to the library and work on it"
"Well not a huge fan of quiet places but I can deal with it"

The two of you wait at the library and make up the extra credit. This honestly in your opinion gave a better look on Toby for you. He was really nice and mentioned that when he got nervous he stuttered a lot. From time to time you asked for some help on a question and he would twitch. You could tell he was trying hard to hide it but it didn't matter to you. This was an enjoyable time despite the librarian shushing you two.