Chapter 37

"So when were you going to tell us about you and Jackson?" Malcolm asks when they're in the car on their way to school. Sevyn raises her eyebrows as Corey and Shaun glance over at her. Malcolm turn around to look at her and she's thankful that her skin tone doesn't allow the blush that's heating up her cheeks to show.

"What are you talking about?" She decides to play dumb hoping to throw him off.

Malcolm only smirks at her, "Don't front, I saw that little Instagram post earlier."

"What are you talking about?" She repeats, this time she honestly has no idea what Instagram post he's referring to. Malcolm rolls his eyes and takes out his phone, he presses a few button and scrolls a little bit before turning the screen around to face her. Corey, Shaun and Sevyn lean in to see the picture.

It's an off guard picture of Sevyn at the beach on Saturday. She's facing the camera but looking and pointing in the direction of the water. Her hair looks stringy from it being wet and she's grinning happily. The caption below makes her smile: My weekend tho, beach time with this one...❤

Sevyn bites her lip trying not to smile too hard. Ty cranes his neck from the driver seat to look at the picture, "Why are your shorts unbuttoned? You need a one piece bathing suit girl."

Sevyn rolls her eyes, "I didn't tell y'all cuz I didn't want y'all buggin me about going out with him. And don't even think about hunting him down and interrogating him either."

"I'm not gonna interrogate him cuz he's my boy but Ima keep my eye on him. After what happened with Keenan you better be careful who you trust." Ty replies as they pull into the school parking lot.

"Amen," Shaun waves his hand in the air and they all laugh.

Once they've entered the school Sevyn heads straight for her locker. She turns the dial and it pops open for her to get her books for the day. A few minutes later Monica appears and is practically glowing from happiness. "Well look who finally decided to show up."

"It wasnt my fault this time. Shaun woke up late and we had to wait for him to come out, Ty was bout to leave him behind." She responds, then she does a double take looking Monica up and down. She's wearing a flowy white tube top with blue shorts and studded flats. Her hair has loose curls in it and she smells like sweet perfume. Sevyn eyes her, "Why are you all dressed up?" She asks feeling plain in her capirs and red polo. "Wait, is this about that girl you met at the club? Her name was like Kitty or something."

Monica blushes, "What, I can't look good for school?" Sevyn gives her a doubtful look, remembering the time Monica showed up to school in pajamas and a hoodie because she claimed there was no one to impress here. Monica sighs, "Alright fine, her name is Kat not Kitty and we're meeting up at the mall after school. You wanna come?"

"Nah, I have volleyball practice remember?" Sevyn closes her locker and leans her shoulder against it.

"Oh I forgot," Monica lies. She didn't really forget but she thought it would be rude not to ask her best friend to join her. "Kat is real cool. After you left we started talking and it turns out she's a junior down there at Palmer High. And she's funny, she had me in tears the whole time like I couldn't even deal."

Sevyn smiles happily for Monica. "So I'm guessin yall really hit it off."

"Yes she even invited me to her little family get together that she was going to but we just met so I said no. She was fine with it though and we exchanged numbers. I was on the phone almost all day with her yesterday. And she's a party girl like me." Monica says with twinkling eyes. Sevyn smiles feeling happy for Money. She hasn't been this excited about something since her parents surprised her with a car for her birthday last summer. Now she looks like a giddy school girl that can't sit still.