Chapter Six. Sleepover.

"Don't flatter yourself, Scarlett."

Grey shot me a glare as we walked to my car. The stressful school day was over and we could finally go home. Or, to Grey's house since mine is "unsafe".

"I still don't get why you have to go as my date. You can just come and still watch over me."

Grey stared at me with a blank look. His silver eyes rolled to the back of his head as we reached my car.

"Oh, I will. And I won't trust anyone who hands you a drink, approaches you, or even looks at your weird. Your friends will only assume I'm your date."

Oh my god. Anger resided in me. He was being way too paranoid about this whole situation.

"You know, if I heard that out of context, you'd sound like an overprotective boyfriend."

Grey's eyes snapped to me as his body moved away from me.

"Like I said, don't flatter yourself. My standards are a lot higher than that."

Wow, low blow. His words stung in my head, as I quickly shook them out. Why do you care what he thinks, Scarlett? He's just some guy ordered by your brother to be your bodyguard. Nothing more, never will be. He only looks at you as some damsel in distress. Time to show him I didn't need a hero.

"And why would I care if I reach your standards or not?"

Grey continued to stare at me without a hint of emotion in his face. He didn't respond as he shoved his hands in his pockets. I looked down at my keys and smirked to myself. Lets show him how much I really care.

I only unlocked the drivers side of my car, quickly sliding in. He yanked on the passenger side, frowning as it wouldn't open. Anger filled his eyes as they met the locked door.

"Have fun walking home! I heard it's supposed to rain.."

I smiled and waved at him, before quickly speeding off. I looked in my rear view mirror to see him angrily throwing his hands in the air.

Take that, hero.

~

"You what?"

Jace couldn't contain his laughter as he leaned his head back in the booth. We were currently sitting in our favorite restaurant, stuffing our faces with fries and milkshakes. I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh, as Jace let out another round of laughter.

"I just drove off. He's probably still walking home now."

Jace laughed even more as he looked outside at the pouring rain. I met his eyes and couldn't help but join him.

"God, I don't know why, but I hate his guts. He just walks into the room and I want to knee him in the balls."

My eyes sprung open in surprise at Jace's sudden comment about Grey. Why did he hate him so much? Then again, I hate him just as must as Jace does. Maybe even more.

"He is a big dick."

Jace looked up at me, the quickly shook his head.

"No, no, Scar. He's a small dick. The smallest, actually."

I threw my head back in laughter, causing a few people to look my way. I shrunk in my seat, still trying to subdue my laughter.

"Speaking of little dicks, how's Erica?"

Jace shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes.

"Don't know, don't care."

I tried not to show the smile that I wanted to let out. I wasn't jealous, I just hate Erica. She is no good for Jace, and he deserves the best.