Chapter Two. Grey.

"Excuse me?"

A few chunks of cheese and sour cream spilled out of my mouth, as I stared into the eyes of this physically flawless man.

Seriously? Was he carved by freaking Angels?

"Your brother, Mason. He's passed out on my couch. I followed you and your boyfriend here from school."

My cheeks instantly reddened as I looked away from Jace. I could feel his gaze on me as I shifted in my seat.

"He's not my boyfriend."

I spat out, trying to sound disgusted. Although, it was quite the opposite. A girl like me could never get a guy like Jace. I don't even know why he still hangs out with me, we can both tell puberty wasn't exactly in my favor.

"Whatever. Do you want your brother or not?"

The guy walked off without even giving me a second glance. I gave Jace the most confused look ever before standing up from my chair. I whipped around to go catch up with this guy, until a hand pulled me back.

"Scar, what are you doing? This guy is a psycho. He admitted he followed us here."

I yanked my arm back from Jace.

"I have people call me all the time saying they have Mason passed out somewhere in their house, drunk. This is just another one of those."

I scoffed at him before darting out of the restaurant to find the man with silver eyes leaning against a motorcycle, a helmet resting in his hands. He threw the helmet at me, and I jumped as my hands closed around it. He swung his leg over the bike, then turned his head towards me.

God, those eyes.

"Are you gonna get on?"

I could feel the anger radiate from his voice, as I let out a shiver. I looked down at the helmet in my hands, realizing he wanted me ride with him.

"How am I going to get home?"

He stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Your brother's car is at my house."

Red flags started going off in my head. I gripped the helmet in my hands as I swayed back in forth on my heels, analyzing the situation.

You don't even know him, Scar. He could be saying this just to lure you away and murder you.

"Scar, are you crazy?"

I turned my head as I saw a very pissed off Jace next to me. Shit, I already forgot about him. He was fuming, I had never seen him this angry before. He opened his mouth to say something as his phone went off in his pocket.

"You should get that."

That phone has terrible timing.

He glared at me, I already knew who was on the other end of that line. Jace looked to me, then to his phone. He groaned as he hit accept and put the phone up to his ear.

Looks like I know where his priorities are.

As Jace turned around, yelling into his phone, I took this as my chance and sat on the back of the motorcycle. I was about to put my helmet on when a thought occurred to me.