Chapter 28

Emily's POV

Was I dead?

I peeled my eyes open, and a White bright light penetrated my eyes, a ligt that was instantly covered by darkness.

Am I in hell? Was my only thought until everyone's faces came into view.

Jack, Adam, Jordan, Larissa, Logan, Tom...

They all stood where I had left them as they looked wide eyed to something next to me.

Slowly, my head turned, expecting to see Kiara right next to me, threatening to kill me, but instead, I was met with empty air.

My eyes dropped down to meet the empty corpse of Kiara who was lifeless on the ground, the gun still in her hand and a bullet pierced right through her brain.

What the fuck? How did she die?

With all my strength, I moved my heavy eyes above the ground to see the source that had ended the life of a woman who just seconds ago threatened to end mine.

Slowly but surely, my orbs fell on a figure on the other side of the body. A figure that I knew too well, but a figure that confused me.

"Brad?" I asked him, watching him lower his gun down and face me.

"Leave" he simply stated, turning around in a hurry.

"Wait!" I yelled, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn around "Why did you do it? I just blew up the entire building yet here you are, saving my life. Why?" I asked once again. For a minute Brad looked like he was struggling with himself, but then his eyes met mine.

"My wife was abused by her father until a very late age. When I first found her she was all beaten up and broken, but on the very first day I promised her that I would love and protect her because from the very first day I fell in love with her. So I did whatever I could, but eventually my wife was forced to kill him after he once again tried to abuse of her. She was charged of first degree murder but I helped her escape. Several years later, we both joined the bounty as a way for us to have some sort of escape and an actual life. She was given a case to murder a young girl to prove her loyalties, when she denied, they let her go, making me thing that they were innocent, but later that night I came back to the lifeless corpse of my wife lying on the floor of our living room. I knew that the bounty had caused it, so I decided I wanted my revenge, I just didn't know how to take it.

I continued working for them, and in the next three months, you appeared. However I had no idea you would want your own personal revenge on them too, until I heard Kiara mumbling about you and your love story with Logan Miller as she walked out the gates of the station to find you right now. I followed her, and when you blew it up, it was the best moment of my life.

The bounty took the love of my life away, the least I could do is save yours" he finished, tears filling his eyes up.

"Thank you Brad" I said simply not wanting to send him off edge.

Without a lost face, he turned around and walked away from all of us.

My heart ached for him, not wanting to understand for a minute what he went through.

The thought of losing Logan killed me, and I knew for a fact that if Logan died, I would die too. Not Brad though, because he was a lot stronger than all of us.

I turned around to face the rest of my gang, but was instantly tackled into a hug by my sister Larissa.

"It's done! I can't believe it! We did it!" she exclaimed into my shoulder, shaking with happiness.