Chapter 21

Emily's POV

I walked towards the front door in slight hurry, hoping to get out before Logan noticed I had disappeared.

"Em, where are you going so early in the morning?" Fuck.

I cursed in my head as I slowly turned around to see a confused looking Logan by the stairs. I threw him a fake smile and stood absolutely still in my place as I thought of something quickly.

"I was going grocery shopping. Tom was running out of food since there are so many of us now so I was going to go buy a few things before it got too late." He nodded, successfully buying my lie.

"I'll come with you" he suddenly said, making my eyes widen in a heart attack

"No!" I exclaimed, a bit too quickly, causing suspicious expression to take over his face "I mean, you can't exactly do that now that the police is still looking for you. It would be safer for you to stay here"

"What if someone tries to get to you?" he questioned, his facial expression still holding concern.

"I'll take Joseph with me, I've been wanting to visit for a while now anyways." He nods silently, causing me to release a breath of relief. "Well then, I'll see you later. Get some rest" I finished, hurrying out of the door before I made the situation even more awkward than it was.

I hopped into the car, speeding my car back into the city to where Tom had told me.

Well, now I have to hunt down bounty hunters and go grocery shopping. I thought to myself as I picked up the phone and dialed a number I had craved to call from so long.

"Hello?" Joseph soon answered, his familiar voice warming my heart up.

"You have no idea how much I long to hear your voice baby brother" I commented, earning a chuckle from the other side.

"You know, I am only 33 seconds younger than you" he responded back, lightening up the tight mood. "What's up? I heard everything that went down, congratulations on getting him out, I must say, I'm impressed" he continued.

"Thanks, it wasn't easy, but we did it. Unfortunately, that wasn't all; now we have another problem on our hands"

"Wanna talk about it?" he questioned, to which I nodded to myself.

"Absolutely, but in person. Meet me back at the cabin in about 2 hours"

"Alright"

"Oh and Joseph" I interrupted just before he hung up on me

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to need you to go grocery shopping for me"

*****

My eyes looked at the rusty building in front of me.

What kind of dump is this? I thought to myself as I advanced nevertheless, towards the main gate.

I pulled out the card Tom had given me once we found out about the whole 'becoming a bounty hunter'procedure.

As expected, there was a small bell on the side of the door, a camera looking right towards where I stood. I clicked on the bell, falunting the card into the camera, waiting for the door to open up. A buzz was soon heard, and the door was released open. I smirked, pulling it open and burying myself inside. Well, here goes nothing. I internally said as I walked inside the dark passageways.

A dim light was highlighting the narrow passage, leading towards yet another door. The noise from the other side had already struck my ears as I got closer, my heart beat rising by the minute.