Chapter 28

Natsu's P.O.V

The doctor came in and checked to see how much Luce was dilated and about how much longer it would take for her to start pushing. We've already been here for a little over 9 hours and Luce was doing good so far.

Dr. Kaberhorn came and said that she was 7 millimeters dilated and it would be a while depending on how fast the baby comes. Luce has been in and out of sleep and on her phone for the last few hours so things have been going smoothly. I'm just glad she's not in pain.   Everyone else went home since they didn't live far and would make it back in time when the baby came.

(Time skip cause how else do I past the time? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

After another 3 hours, Luce was finally given the go to push. I stood by her head to hold her hand and calm her down. "You're doing so good Luce! Keep going their almost here." Grunting and whining in discomfort she successfully delivers the baby.

"Congrats! Is a boy!" The doctor says.
"Oh thank God!" Luce says in tears, the sound of relief in her voice. She starts to catch her breath until she grunts and says that she feels another contraction.

"Could it be the placenta?" One of the nurses ask the doctor.

"It could be, let me check." He comes over and takes a peek.

"Oh dear there's another baby. Your gonna have to push again, Mrs. Dragneel."

This went on for another 8 minutes before Dr. Kaberhorn holds up a blue-ish infant with an umbilical cord tangled around its neck. Out of the comer of my eye I can see Lucy freeze with wide eyes, breathing heavily.

"Is my baby alright?" She hesitantly asks. The doctor checks for a pulse and places the baby in a blanket.

"We're gonna do our best to help your little girl, Mrs. Dragneel. There is a pulse so there is a chance we can save her." (Grey's Anatom//slapped)

I turn and wrap her in an embrace, burying my face in her hair. My own tears making their way down my cheek.
My phone started ringing.  It was Erza.

"Hello?" I say. Trying not to let my voice waver.
"Natsu! Has the baby come yet?" She asks.
"Uhh, yea. It's a boy..." I mumble.
"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" She says catching the sadness and worry in my voice.
"Luce had twins. But our little girl isn't doing so well. The umbilical cord strangled her. We're waiting for a word on how she is."
"Oh god. We're on our way now." She says with a hint of urgency.
"I'll see you soon."
"Bye."

Minutes later, our friends come walking into the hospitality room. Levy, Erza, Mira, and Wendy go to console Lucy and the guys come over to me.

"I'm sorry about this man." Gray says finally not teasing me for once.

"Yeah."

Afterwards everything was silent until Dr. Kaberhorn came back in the room.