Chapter 11

Victoria

Getting out my car, I breathe in deep and try to release all my nervous energy when I exhale. " God..I  shouldn't be feeling so nervous  just to see my mother!" I say talking to myself. Luckily I called around and found her at one of her favorite pools.
I walk in and greet the young girl at the counter, "hey Amy how are you?"
"Hi Tori I'm fine, haven't seen you around lately how are you?" Amy replied.
"Girl I'm as well as can be ,no use in complaining . Can you direct me to my mom please?"
"Yes maam, right side of the pool by the bar . She is in the lounger with a big pink sun hat on you can't miss her."
Tori smiled and said bye as she was walking through the doors that lead to pool area. I paused when I saw her, uurrgh. . Just looking at her makes my gut twitchy. Mom was lounging with a light pink sun hat and pink and white chevron sun dress. She was a pretty site sure wish she was as nice as she looked. I headed her way. I was almost to her when she looked up and saw me,"Hello Victoria ". I pull up a near by chair and sit beside her,"Hey mom you look nice ".
"Well thank you my dear, my new life must agree with me , what brings you to search me out. "
" Mom did you know Tom has laid claim to my business? I'm all torn up over this . I don't understand why my place has to be involved in all this mess." I was waiting for mom to yell and take my side, call her husband and fuss.  None of that happened though.  Mother looked at me and simply said," Victoria your a big girl now so you will have get used to life's twist and turns. Sometimes life is grand, other times it sucks. "
I gasp and my hand flies to my mouth, "momma you....you knew.!.and..and you don't care? How could you hurt me like this neither one of you have the right to my business!"
I was furious! !!!  " woman what in the hell have I ever done to you to make you this Hateful!"
"Victoria please just leave your making a scene. You need to get yourself together and move on. There's a big world out there dearie. We are saving you from being stuck in a simple life. Now you can explore the world and not be held back by a cafe'."
"I love my Cafe' and I will be moving on but only from you."

"We are adults now Vicky"
"Don't call me that! " She knows I don't like her calling me that.
" as I was saying , we are adults now , the good thing about that is we have our own lives. You have yours and I still have mine. We don't need to be clingy , what you want from me is what a child has with their parent, your grown now you don't need me Victoria and I rather not be bothered, it's my time now and you are still pushing your way in to it."
I feel like I have been slapped , then as I come to a conclusion I feel calmness. " Gloria you no longer exists to me. My parents are dead ..hell my dad is more alive to me  than you.  From this moment on don't call me , don't come by my business, just consider your daughter dead to you too. I will never!...never speak or come see you again lady that is a promise. I get up and I can't get out of there fast enough. She doesn't even call after me.....what kind of mother does that?   I make it to my car as I sit there tears rolling down my cheeks, I feel all kind of ways but the main one that shocks me is relief. I will not have to worry or stress over her any longer. I'm done.  I collect myself and go home.