Chapter 10

Ben

I held Tori in my arms as she cried. When she told me what dad had done I felt the earth move under my feet. How could I come from someone so evil.? To take her lively hood , her heart , her dad's business from her... "bastard"... that's all I could mutter.
"How is this possible Ben? I mean I've done everything by the book. How could this happen and not be against the law?" 
" It should be baby, but unfortunately big companies eat little ones all the time."  "I promise you this will not continue. This is harassment. I'm gonna go speak to my lawyer about a few things baby, will you be ok for a while?"
"Yeah, I gotta get with my staff and fill them in, I don't know what to say really. I also wanna call mother and see if she knows about this. I'll be home when your done come by ok."
They embrace each other and kiss bye.

After speaking to my lawyer I've hatched up a plan to knock father on his ass. All I need is him to believe he's won. Ben pulls out his cell and dials his father, after 3 rings he picks up"Benji, I knew you would be calling me soon son. My daughter in law can't help but to run to her brother in law can she.?" "Don't you dare start that shit. She is not my sister and you are not her father in law . It's all fake and you know it. But one thing is for sure", he pauses and take a deep breathe then sighs..." regardless of why things are this way I have to make it right for her. I will take the papers and read over them and sign them if you give Tori back her business and leave her alone." 
The smile that crossed his dad's face was exactly what he was aiming for. " Son, that's all I wanted this whole time, us working together.  Once you sign and become full time partner and left your other job behind I will tear up marriage papers and give you the keys to her cafe'." 
"No way I want the keys or marriage license before I sign. "
"No way Ben, only way I agree to that is if your in my office with pen in your hand . Trust is definitely an issue with us but we will work it out ok. I'll give you my marriage contract, then you sign papers. After it's all filed Tori gets her business back. That's the deal son." "Give me the papers dad, I will read them and be back tomorrow. " with a grim look on his face he leaves his dad's office, looking back one last time he sees his dad's brooding smile. Hey go ahead and think you won father, you just planted your self in my garden of deception.