chapter 9

Tori

A week has went bye and we've heard nothing from Tom and Gloria. Ben and I think maybe their plans fell through and they will leave us along. Ben feels that he got his point across on his last visit. I closed last night, so I was gonna shop online and relax today. I look at the clock and it's 5am. I roll over and decided to sleep in this morning. My phone starts ringing at 7am. It's  Matt he's opening this morning I wonder what's up. " hello Matty what's up"? "Hey V, there's a problem at sweetie's.  " what's wrong?" I asked frowning at the thought of something being wrong.
Matty muttered something then asked, "did you sell your café V?"  I sit up so fast I got light headed. "DO WHAT?!.. Hell No I didn't why would you ask me that?" "Well V you better get here fast and get some answers cause looks like someone's kicking you out".
"Nobody can kick me out I own that café and I pay my taxes what the hell Matty! I'm on my way."  I hung up and threw on some clothes. I made it there just in time to see Tom chain locking my front doors. "What the hell is going on here, how dare you interfer with my business!"
" Ah, Miss Sims glad you finally showed up. Here I thought I was gonna have to send my lawyer and friend jack , the chief over to visit you."
"What are you talking bout Mr.Tommy? You have no right to come in to my business and take over."   Before I could say anything else a stout balding man stepped up and handed me some papers and said, " I'm afraid he can maam."
Then walked off leaving Tom smerking at me." Victoria my dear, I can do what ever I want" then walked to the  limo and got inside. I stood there dumb founded, speechless and heartbroken. I look down at the papers in my hand and I feel my face burning with anger and I screamed my frustration out and ran to my car. I needed to get a hold of Ben and fast.