Chapter Five

Victoria

It's been a week and a half since I last spoke to my mother. Seems that she is dodging my calls, so I left a message that I was stopping by today. Just as I was pulling up to her condo my phone rings, ah... "hello mom I'm just getting here." "Honey I don't live in the condo any longer I moved." "WHAT!..mom. what.. why.. " honey listen ..I'm gonna rent out my place out so don't flip out , I am keeping it. Honey I want you to meet someone, let's meet for dinner at The Bay Restaurant. Say 8 o'clock .ok. " then she hung up. I stare at my phone in confusion and disbelief. What the hell ... mom had to have meet a man .. that's the only explanation.
Omg.. I'm dreading this so much, mom has this need for a man and I'm gonna look like an ass when I try to fix this... this situation.

Later on that day Ben came by and I told him bout my mom and our dinner plans and he offered to go with me to help me not freak out .

I dressed and texted Ben I was ready, five minutes later we were walking down to The Bay Restaurant. Just outside the door I stopped and squeezed Ben arm, "I'm not sure why I feel so nervous right now.. " Ben kissed me and soon as it was over I let out a calming sigh. "Just relax babe ... your mom's life will not interfere with yours. It's time to let her do as she wishes love, she's an adult who can handle her own issues ok." "Yeah.. yeah. I know.. wish I didn't feel so responsible for her, I mean she is mom not the other way around , but so much has happened before and I can't trust her fully...yet..or ever.. hell I don't know let's go.." then I grab his arm as he opened the Door for me.
As we followed the waiter to the table I heard Ben say "what the hell is he doing here?" I look around to follow his gaze and see my mom and a man sitting staring up at us with big smiles on their faces. The man stands and my mom reaches over and hugs me.
I'm speechless, I'm totally utterly speechless. What the hell? "Darling I'm so glad to finally see you and introduce you to your step dad, Tommy Rae Nix Sr. Tommy. .this is my daughter Victoria.

An ackward Silence surrounded us . "stepdad" .. Then all of a sudden Ben cleared his throat "what..are you doing Dad? What the hell"?
"Well" I didn't expect you would be happy Victoria, but you will show respect regardless of your issues!" With mom's comment it launched me into attack mode. " Ben..?.. Nix... is this your.....father..?" before Ben could reply, as if the look of them wasn't obvious. Tommy walked around the table and before I knew it he swept me into his arms. " Victoria, what a pleasure to meet you finally. Your mom has singed your praises and it hasn't done you any justice, you are beautiful. And I see you've already met my son Benjamin ".
I tried to end the embrace feeling weirded out , I could have sworn I heard him sniff my hair. "Dad what the hell ...you got married?. ! " Son we can talk in private so the ladies don't get uncomfortable, excuse us ladies". Tommy said as they walked off.

"Benjamin I'll be straight with you son, I was hoping that this would bring us back together. ..a family. "
" Dad. You just married the mother of the woman I love!! She can not be my step sister!!! Omg!!! What have you done?!"

"The woman you love?! Really son.... I'll tell you what, you come back and partner with me in our family business and I'll divorce Gloria."
Ben stared at his father in confusion at first, then everything became clear and he turned a deep hateful stare on on is dad. "How dare you ..you.. bastard, don't think for a second that you will control me or my decision! !!" Ben turned around and head back to Vicki.

"Mom how could you marry someone with out us meeting. Do you realize that he is the father of the man I love. Omg.. "

"Victoria listen hunny, life always seem to bite you in the ass when you least expect it. That being said I'm disappointed in you, I finally moved on and found a husband and here you are whining cause it's your boyfriends father, really how selfish have you become daughter. ?. You now have a step father and step brother that are loaded, I would think you would thank me."
Tori stared at her mom feeling lost. " how could you be so cold to me mom, I've done nothing but take care of you and see to your wishes. How could you not see or care that your stomping on my heart right now!"

Just then Ben came into view and before I knew it he had swept me into his arms and we're headed out the door.

Sorry for not updating asap. I broke my ankle and have not been able to concentrate well and I will start back writing very soon thank you.