I sighed and got up off the couch. I was beat.

"Well," I say, "Imma go ahead and start getting ready for bed. I'll see y'all in the morning, kay?"

Drake nodded and waved to me as I made my way to the guest room.

"Sleep tight!" Niyah called after me, and I turned around and smiled.

"Ight."

Then I put on my nightclothes and settled down for the night.

Drake

"So," Niyah said as we lay in our bed, watching a Lifetime movie on TV. "What's been going on with Nicki and SB?"

I sighed. "I don't know, babe. I feel bad for Nicki, though. She tries her hardest to keep them both together. She's the only one that works in the relationship."

"Ferreal?!" Niyah asked, shocked. "Damn, she should dump his ass. Either that or he get a job. If you didn't have a job and didn't wanna go and get one, I'd leave you."

"Yea. I just think that she deserves someone better than SB."

Niyah huffed and rolled her eyes. "I know."

"You know she got fired from her job at Red Lobster?"

"Yea, you told me about it. Didn't you take her out today to go find a new one?"

"Uh huh. I took her to StarBucks and she filled out a job application. They said they'd call her ASAP."

"Y'all gone work together?" Niyah asked. I nodded. "Yup. I figured it would be fun."

"Speaking of work, do you have to go tomorrow?"

"Yes. Since errone is going outta town for Christmas break, they gonna be a little short-handed."

She nodded. "Yea. I gotta work tomorrow too. Is she gonna be staying tomorrow too?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh. But nah, ferreal. I like Nicki. She cool," Niyah confirmed.

Yeah, Nicki and Niyah were pretty close. They had nothing against each other, so that was good. Niyah never got jealous of Nicki being with me. She got us. She got that all we were were best friends.  What was really cool though, was that we could all hang out together as one group. No drama or nothing.

Niyah sighed and got up off of the bed. "Imma throw on some PJs and get to bed. I gotta get up pretty early tomorrow."

"Same here," I said as I, too, got up off the bed and took off my shirt and pants. I brushed my teeth then got back into bed. Niyah was taking off her makup and was slipping into her pyjamas. Ha. All I had to do was brush my teeth and strip down.

When she was done getting ready for bed, she joined me. She covered up and snuggled in next to me.

"I love you," she whispered in my ear, and I kissed her on her lips.

"I love you too," I said, and she smiled. I was so lucky to have her. I held her close, and we both drifted off to sleep.

Nicki

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I yawned, stretched, and picked up the phone. It was too early for this.

"Hello?" I said, wearily. I was still a bit groggy.

"Hello? Miss Maraj?" asked a familier voice.

" ... Speaking. Who is this?"

The person laughed. "Don't you remember? It's Jessica. From StarBucks?"

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "What's up?"

I knew exactly why she was calling. She was going to tell me whether or not I got the job. I was nervous.

"Nothing, thank you for asking. I just wanted to inform you that you got the job!"

I gasped. "Really?! Are you kidding?!"

"No ma'am. You can start today if you like."

"Yes! I will!"

"Great! Come by here now and pick up your uniform. You start at 3:45; that's when Drake starts his shift. I put you two together because I thought you'd like that."

I'd come to really like Jessica.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Jessica! I'll be there in like, ten to fifteen minutes to pick up the uniform!"

"No problem!"

And with that she hung up. I checked the time. 7:23. Damn.

Nevertheless, I hopped out of bed and threw on a simple outfit: navy blue Hollister sweatpants, a white t-shirt, and some boots. Ah, lazy day attire. Gotta love it.

I brushed my teeth, put my hair in a messy bun, and grabbed a quick breakfast. I didn't bother putting on makeup. I didn't feel like it; not at this hour.

I went ahead and wrote Drake a note, just in case he wonders where I'm at.

Drake,

I got the job! Went to go pick up uniform. We both start at 3:45. Jessica put us together shift-wise! Yay! Be back soon!

- Nicki

Then I headed out the door. This was the start of a new era.