18

"She's a princess and I'm her prince who's stuck in a tree and can't save her,"

***

I was in tenth grade when I first got my period. At that time, I was sort of, happy, if that's one way to explain it. Mostly because of finally getting it, I was finally woman. At least that's what my mom told me, but I didn't feel any different - which was a disappointment.

The next time I got my period was the month after, and something changed. I started crying more often and I stared craving cheetos, and I'll let you in one thing. I hated cheetos. I have never liked them in my life, so this was weird.

So every month for my period, I get emotional and crave things I can't even bare to watch anyone eat. Today was one of those days and at this point, I'm chilling with a bag of extra spicy cheetos and a box of tissues because I also have 'you and I' playing in the background.

Sierra stormed into my room and demanded me to go downstairs and meet Aaron. My fingers were all dusty from all that cheese and my breath stank like cheese and I really didn't feel like talking to Aaron because I knew what he would say. "Talk to Asher!"

It's been a week, and Asher hasn't even tried to contact me ever since last time. I've given up on trying to get his attention too, so Aaron - like the baby he is, keeps forcing me to talk to him.

I know that deep down, even though I don't show it, I miss him and I want things to be better between the two of us - but when he doesn't want to cooperate, the only option for me is just to let things fix themselves. My grandfather always used to tell me that if someone cares about you, you shouldn't have to fight for their attention because they'll come to you.

Plus, right now, I was an emotional baby and I didn't want Aaron to see this side of me. He has seen it a few times, but it wasn't as bad as now.

"Can you just go down? He can be annoying!" Sierra whined. I laughed lightly, "No, sorry."

"Alright fine, if you're not going down - he's coming up," I glared at Sierra and noticed the challenging look on her face.

"You heard me," she said. I groaned loudly, it sounded like a dying whale. I quickly shoved away my cheetos because who knew if Isaac would enter my room and steal them because that's what he always does. Steal my food.

I went to the bathroom and washed my hands to take off all that grease from my fingers, I then proceed to put my hair up in a ponytail. I washed my face to look a little more awake, and ran down the stairs to where Aaron would be sitting.

I knew Isaac was around so there's no doubt the two of them had sparked a conversation somewhere in this house. The living room was empty so I'm guessing the kitchen.

When I walked in the kitchen, a loud scream escaped the doors and as quickly as possible, I ran into the kitchen only to find the two of them hands in hands with each other with a round of arm wrestling. They both let go off each other when they saw me, breathing heavily may I add.

"Did you run here?" Isaac questioned, with a smirk.

"Yes," I lied. I looked at Aaron and pointed a finger at him, "You come with me,"

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere else than here,"