06

I am constantly torn between wanting to improve myself and wanting to destroy myself.

***
Chapter six.

"Yep, its broken."

"You're not joking?"

"Why would I be joking?"

"Bro!"

"Do I look like a bro to you?"

"Asher, leave your uncle alone. I'm the one with a broken arm here and he's the qualified doctor here." I interrupt. Asher nods as he steps back so his uncle, who was a doctor, could finish his job. "I'm gonna move you to the operation room so we can put a cast on your arm, so don't go anywhere."

"Where would she go with a broken arm?" Aaron mumbled to himself but I was closest to him so I definitely heard it. A chuckle escaped my lips and Aaron winked at me making me blush. I haven't even known Aaron for a day and I'm already feeling close to him. Asher and Aaron was pretty alike from my perspective, maybe that's the reason they were best friends after all. Jeff, Asher's uncle, left the room leaving me alone with two handsome boys. Asher looked concerned meanwhile Aaron was in his own little world as he kept joking around with the human skeleton in the corner of the room. Even with his masculine look, his brain still belonged to a little boy. "Does it hurt?" Asher asks taking a seat on the edge of my bed. I look down at my dead arm, shrugging. "Nah, it's just..." I poke my arm, "...numb."

"You did break it so it's normal for it to be numb." He commented. A sneeze erupted once again and with a broken arm, I didn't get to cover my nose so I sneezed in Asher's face. I giggled at his disgusted face expression. "Thanks bud." He exclaimed.

I was still fascinated by the fact that there was no bone supporting my arm so when I pressed on the middle of where my elbow is supposed to be, it was soft and not hard. It felt like gel and that was interesting so I kept poking it.

"Would you stop playing with that skeleton?" Aaron laughed shaking his head. "Asher? Do you see this?" I giggle poking the spot. Asher takes a double look and tries to adjust to my weirdness.

"Crystal,"

"Look it's so soft,"

"Crystal, I don't think-"

"So funny," I giggle.

"Crystal." When I don't answer when my name is being called Asher takes the matter in his own hands and pushes my finger away from my elbow. "You shouldn't do that, idiot." I was about to come with a smart remark but Jeff came back into the room with a nurse. They dragged me out to the operation room and I was still playing with my elbow.

      The surgery went by faster than I thought. I was asleep so it didn't hurt a bit, but when I woke up - it took some time for me to adjust to the light. Aaron was playing with my eyelashes, flicking his finger through them. It annoyed me and I somehow managed to bite it. He fired back in shock, clutching his finger. Asher flicked Aaron's forehead in annoyance before appearing in front of my face with his beautiful sculptured one. "You on drugs?" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "No, not anymore."

I sat up leaning against the head of the bed and scanning my surroundings. The sun was starting to set, and something about it made my nose itch. Okay it was most likely not the sun, maybe the flu. I was feeling worse than earlier and I could already feel the sweat form. "Are you okay?" Aaron noticed. "Yeah,"

"You have been sneezing a lot."

"Why are you guys still here?"  Changing subjects was my specialty, and sure enough - it worked on Asher. "Doesn't look like your family's coming to pick you up any time soon, so we decided to stay." Aaron in the background nodded in agreement. Of course my mom would be too busy to see her own daughter with a broken arm. "You didn't tell my sister?" If she knew, she wouldn't leave me alone. Asher shook his head, puzzled. "We didn't even know you had a sister."

     I sighed in relief, "okay, thanks."

"You're welcome?" It come out more like a question than a statement. I would fix that confused face of Asher's but I decided not to because it was kind of cute. The doctors told me that I could go home now but that I should probably stay home from school a couple of days so I wouldn't put pressure on it or break it again. I chuckled, nodding as I stretched out to grab the slip he handed me which is a doctor certificate that I could use to get out of school or stay out of school in my case, without getting any absent marks.

    After all the anesthetic that the doctors gave me, I felt quite lightheaded so I was walking in a funny way all the way to the car. You might think that Asher and Aaron helped me? Wrong. They laughed out loud and pulled out their phone to record me. "It's not even that funny."

"It's exactly that!" Aaron cried in between laughs. They laughed so hard they had to catch up there breathing in order to get inside the car. I didn't know who's car it was, but it was definitely not a cheap one. It was a white Porsche, with no scratches. It looked brand new. It looked stunning, I was drooling. My mom was loaded and my bank account was too, but with all of that - we still used regular and simple cars, not Porsches. Like I mentioned earlier, my mom was a saver. She saved all she had, planning to use it for who knows what - in the future.

"Where do you live?" I poked my cast but it wasn't as satisfying as when it was broken, enjoy it while it's still there, am I right? Screw you, Asher.

"Yo, broken arm!"

     "Wow, creative." I rolled my eyes.

"Where do you live?" He repeated. I gave him the directions to my house that wasn't that far from here, and he drove his way over. Aaron had his phone connected to the car and he was blasting 'Black Beatles' by Rae something. It was quite catching and I've seen tons of people performing the mannequin challenge with this song, something Aaron was doing now even if no one was recording or even paying attention to him. "That girl is a real crowd please, a-wo-ho" I laughed when he sung, amused.

"You should totally sign up for x-factor" Aaron turned to Asher and hit him lightly in the shoulder. "See I told you," he said to Asher,  he then turned his body around to look at me, "I've been discussing it with Asher but he says I suck and would humiliate myself," he then pointed to Asher and then made one of those oogly eyes indicating that Asher was crazy. I giggled lightly so Asher wouldn't hear it but I failed cause Asher shot daggers our way. ''You better not be backstabbing me,''

''Nah bro, we're just talking about your amazing hair.'' Aaron admits even though it was no where close to that. ''You better.'' Asher threatens. I leaned back in my seat and enjoyed the ride. I still couldn't believe I was sitting in Asher's car and actually call someone like Aaron my friend, let alone Asher. I was just not that type of person to be surrounded by guys. Instead of cute, they assumed  I was weird - instead of pretty they found me retarded and instead of nice, they found me clingy - and that's all without even getting to know me.

    Another sneeze came through for the up-tenth time today and it was starting to annoy me. Aaron gave me a questioning look so I assured him I was fine. He looked down to my cast and smiled, ''Can i sign it?''

''My cast?''

He slumped his head, ''No, your forehead,'' He said sarcastically - ''Yes, your cast.'' I laughed and handed him a sharpie that I received from the doctor so he could sign it. I tried to get a view over what he was writing but his head was too big. Eventually he finished writing, Aaron put the cap back on the sharpie and leaned back in his seat.

YOU'RE BETTER THAN A DIME. :-) - its yo man Aaron.