Chapter Thirty-Seven: Here For You.

I couldn't find her. Trust me, I literally looked everywhere. At her house, in her freezer, almost got distracted by the ice cream crying my name, her father's old office, anywhere a girl like her might hide.

I looked around her room again, when I need her, she isn't around, and when I don't need her she's everywhere! I grumbled to myself, opening her bedroom window and flying out into the raining night.

She needed someone right now. It was evident because the forecast called for a clear night but it was pounding rain. Technically, I should be at home telling mom the news, eating pizza and resting up, but I convinced Charlie to fly as high as he could and then drop me so I could get re-energized, so technically I should be at home recharging Ben but I'm sure he'll understand that Molly needs me right now.

Well, I would like to think she needs me, the truth is she might be angry at me for all I know. You just never know with women sometimes. What I do know is that she wasn't at the Board meeting, nor did anyone know where she was.

So I flew to the middle of the wet city and closed my eyes, using my super selective hearing to pin her down. I could just make out her soft sobbing. I opened my eyes and rocketed off in the direction I heard her, ending up at my favorite building.

When I got closer, I saw a dark figure huddled up in the middle of the roof. Molly looked up when I landed in front of her. With raindrops streaming down her face, I couldn't tell if those were tears or not but judging by her bloodshot eyes and red cheeks, I knew she had been crying.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked, stepping closer to her.

Molly jumped to her feet and ran into my arms, practically slamming into me and burying her face into my neck. She wrapped her arms around me, digging her fingers into my back. "You heard me," she whispered.

I pulled her closer to me and laid my head gently into her hair, breathing in deeply. "Of course I heard you, Molly, I always hear you."

Molly pulled back a little to look me in my eye, she smiled a little and wiped her face quickly. "And you're awake."

"Actually, I'm still out cold." I grinned, letting her go with much reluctance.

She rolled her eyes. "Hilarious, Coal Black." Molly grew quiet for a moment, rubbing her arms as she stepped back from me. "I'm sorry about what my dad did to you, almost killing you and all."

I closed the distance between us and touched her face. "You don't have to be sorry for anything, Molly, it wasn't your fault." I put my hand under her chin and lifted her face a little so she would look me in the eye. "I have some big news for you."

"What?"

"I am now First-In-Command at the Board of Heroes and Villains," I said, unable to keep the grin off my face. I was still trying to come to terms with it all, how Boomerang took me to the temporary headquarters, since the original was still being remodeled, acting like I was in trouble when in reality they offered me to take over Red's position as First-In-Command.

A small smile spread across her face, but I could tell that it was forced. "That's amazing, Coal. I know you're going to be great."

I frowned and touched her arm, trying to bring her comfort or at least keep her ears open to hear what else I had to say. "So, as First-In-Command, I abolished the Solitary Bin. Your father is in the medical ward recovering."