Chapter Thirty-One: Rogue Heroes.

Being carried in someone's arms, presumably Catastrophe's, is one method of travel I do not recommend. They would hardly get a half star rating from me, and so if you are ever looking for someone to kidnap you, don't pick these guys.

Anyway, this isn't the time to complain. I should be thankful that I was out of the Bin. But I have no clue if where they are taking me is going to be worse. Maybe I should attempt an escape? But you know what? It's really warm right here with the blanket and body heat from Cata- I mean Apostrophe, and I could kind of fall asleep if it wasn't for the dramatic music playing in the background.

Actually, there isn't any background music I'm just half conscious right now, and nothing makes sense so if my thoughts start jumping around, you know why. Just blame it on the elephant that decided to follow us.

I was bumped around for a bit, and besides my constant complaining in my head, nothing exhilarating happened. Just the usual things that happen when someone is getting kidnapped, you know the routine. Eventually, and I mean eventually, whoever had me laid me down on a very soft bed.

The original blanket was taken off, causing me to wince and close my eyes as other blankets were piled on top of me and after a moment an electric blanket started heating me back up. I sighed softly and kept my eyes closed, not caring that the vigilantes were acting unusually kind to me, I am so living this up right now.

Warmth just seeped into my body, raising my temperature significantly and making my already drowsy thoughts even more drowsy and slow.

****

I was very rudely awoken from my sleep by someone pulling me up into a sitting position.

"Lay off, man!" I growled, shrugging off their hands and sitting up on my own. I opened my eyes but winced as bright sunlight flooded the room I was in. "What time is it?" I mumbled, unsure if I was speaking clearly or not.

"Noon. Monday. Here are your glasses."

I know that voice.

I opened my eyes, blinking several times to force my eyes to adjust. The fuzzy outline of Flaming Spark sat in front of me, a presumed grin on his face and a steaming bowl of soup in his hand. I frowned and sat up straighter, then sat back when a strong bout of dizziness hit me.

"Easy, Coal," Spark said, pulling the blankets back up to my chin, he put my glasses on awkwardly, leaving them feeling uneven and too close to my face for comfort. "Hungry?"

"Like I've gone on an extreme diet," I grumbled, fixing my glasses and then eying the soup and wondering if he was going to torment me relentlessly as payback. "Hand over the soup before you get hurt."

He laughed and shook his head. "Dude, you couldn't even hurt a fly right now."

I frowned for two reasons. One, that laugh was awfully familiar, but denial kept me from actually saying it. Two, that wasn't funny. I could so hurt a fly right now; I just don't feel like it. It's not like the fly is holding the soup hostage.

Spark scooted his chair closer and proceeded to raise a spoonful of broth to my mouth. Except I kept my lips sealed like the stubborn person I am. Spark's shoulders slumped, and he shook his head. "Come on, Coal. Choo choo? Vroom vroom?"

What does he think I am? A two-year-old obsessed with trains and cars? I've always preferred airplanes, thank you.

I'm just a little loopy, aren't I?