Chapter Twenty: Sophie Daley.

I was balanced on the edge of the roof. A stopwatch in my hand, the seconds ticking by quickly. A flash flew past me, and I stopped the watch. He should be so glad that I have super fast reflexes.

Tights flew up to me, breathing hard from exercising his new powers. Why did Red have me train him? I was still mad at him for being able to fly, and it was taking a great deal of patience to help him figure out his powers and not teach him bad habits that would make him a laughingstock to all the supers, like flying like Superman for instance. "How fast this time?"

I shrugged and yawned. "About twelve point two seconds."

"Come on, Headphones, even you gotta admit that's fast," Tights whined, probably hating that he was being trained by a super villain. If it wasn't because I'm his twin, I'm sure Red would have taught him.

I was going to say something, but then we both looked down at the city, a cry for help interrupting our conversation. Someone was in trouble yet again. "I'll catch you later," Tights said, turning around and rocketing towards the direction of the screams.

"Show off," I grumbled, pocketing the stopwatch. I watched as my brother flew off into the sunset and listened to their fight and the girl's intense gratitude once she was safe. Damsel's in distress are so shallow, I thought, rolling my eyes.

Behind me, the roof door was thrown open violently, and several people spilled out onto the rooftop. I slipped into the shadows quickly and watched them carefully. No one comes onto my rooftop unannounced. They all know the consequences of trespassing on my territory. I clenched my fists, it better not be Catastrophe I am so done with that lame excuse of a villain.

"Give my purse back you idiots!"

I frowned, What? I watched as a girl followed the muggers onto the roof. She tried reaching for her bag from their gloved hands, but they only held it out of her reach.

"You should have stayed behind, lady," a gruff voice said.

The girl looked around suddenly, realizing she was all alone. She looked back at the three guys and squared her shoulders. "Anti Gravity will come for me if you try anything on me."

I listened closely, but by the sounds of it, Anti Gravity was still busy with trying to get away from that girl. I looked around quickly, really hoping a convenient superhero was just floating around being useless. Where's Storm Rider or Smokey when you need them?

Suddenly the girl screamed jerking my attention back to what was going on. One of the guys had his hand on her thin wrist. "Let me go!"

"Not likely, pretty lady," he said. Even though I was safe in the shadows, his voice was enough to give even me the shivers.

I looked around me again, biting my lip when no one else appeared to save the girl or take advantage of the situation. She screamed out for help again, desperation growing in her voice. I counted to five, but when it was clear no one was coming, I stepped out of the shadows. "What's going on here?"

All four of them looked at me with shock plain to see on their faces. "Mind your own business, superhero," one of the more stupid ones said.

I cocked an eyebrow and stepped closer to them. I held my arms out at my sides and set the roof on fire. Okay, so a bit too dramatic, but by their facial expressions, it had the desired effect. "Who are you calling a superhero? I prefer the term super villain."

In my peripheral vision, I could see the girl slowly backing away from the group. Her purse held tightly to her chest. All I need to do is distract these thugs for a moment longer so she can get away.