Chapter Thirty-Five: And We All Fall Down.

I sucked in a sharp breath. Now or never because Charlie's been nudging my arm for the past three minutes or so wondering why I was stalling with our plan to stall Elora.

I squared my shoulders and flew into the room. I would have set the place on fire to enter with style but my energy was a little lower than the halfway mark, and that queasy feeling that I had felt earlier was coming back. I needed to save my energy for whatever lay ahead.

"Quite a party you got going on," I said, preparing myself to absorb any shock she may decide to send my way.

City Sweeper turned to face Glitch and me, but there was something about her movement that seemed off, it was almost like what she saw on the screen she'd never seen before and was shocked.

"Flaming Spark," she said, sounding surprised. "I thought you were out of commission."

I blinked and frowned, doesn't she know I'm Coal? "I've never been out of commission, just working undercover. You, however, need to go out of commission or be forced into an early retirement." Oh no, I need to stop, that was the worst line I've ever pulled.

She clenched her fists and flew closer to me. My hair stood on end from the static that emanated from her. "You and your friend here are the only ones going out."

"We've taken out Catastrophe," Glitch said, brushing past me and flying closer to CS. "Just give it up, Elora."

Her eyes widened at the sound of her name. "How did you know?"

"Catastrophe," I answered, feeling myself suddenly dip slightly. I righted myself quickly, hoping CS didn't notice. "Besides you were dropping some serious hints, and I just never let on that I knew."

"Your plan wouldn't have worked, Ellie," Glitch said, nodding his head at the computer screens on the wall. "What would you have told your sister when she woke up? What would she think of you?"

There was that look on her face again, the look I saw her make when I had asked her the same question at the Superhero Dance. Suddenly, doubt clouded her face, and her lower lip started trembling. "Taking over the city was Catastrophe's plan, I just wanted to get revenge for Sophie. These aren't our plans."

I frowned, something wasn't right, she was giving up too quickly she didn't even look strong enough to put up a fight. I would describe her as incredibly emotional. I looked around us suddenly, noticing that the electricity was fading away quickly, the hum from the fried electronics decreasing as City Sweeper gave up. I looked back to find that Glitch was now a lot closer to CS. Dangerously closer.

"Sophie needs to explain something to you, Elora," Glitch said.

"Well she can't now can she?" Elora spat, the room suddenly crackled with electricity again. Talk about a mood swing, must be that 'special' week, the week that we guys have to know what they want before they know what they want, and never accuse them of being irrational or even breathe. A hormonal vigilante. Great.

Glitch suddenly stiffened, electricity flashed all over his body.

"Elora stop it!" I yelled, trying to get closer to her, but the electricity created a barrier between them and me. My eyes widened, and my heart hammered as she ignored me, I tried harder to get closer, push against the force, but the harder I tried the more it knocked out my breath and kept me away. "He's Charlie!"