I. The Kings

I groaned as I hear my alarm clock ringing. Seriously, can't it give just five fucking minutes?!

"Mija, get up now." I heard my mom called from the other side of the door. Well, I know you're probably thinking that my name is Mija but it's not. My Mom just had this crazy obsession on calling people some pet names that she created. And of course, being the good daughter I am, I let her and it's not like it's bad. It's actually cute. Well, back to my problem at hand...

"I'm coming." I called. I sighed as I carefully sat up from my very tangled bed. It's like a tornado passed by, oh well..

I walked towards my closet careful not to bump anything because my sight is still blurry from earlier. I grabbed my usual outfit which consists of a knee length peach colored dress and a pair of sneakers. After drying up myself, I quickly put it on them descended the stairs but of course not before grabbing my bag.

"Good morning." I greeted them grumpily. My dad is sitting at the head of the table, sipping his coffee while reading the latest newspaper which mom always reprimands him but he still do it anyways.

"Morning My." Dad greeted me not wavering his focus from the freaking newspaper. I took the seat on his left one waited for mom to serve the breakfast.

"How's your studies?" Dad asked this time his eyes are dead set on me making me gulp nervously.

     I'm a straight A student and the top of our class but there's something both of my parents doesn't know and I'm not planning on telling them anytime yet.

"G-good. The second examination is next month, so I still have many time to study." I truthfully told him. Dad nodded satisfied in my answer making me sigh in relief that he didn't ask further more.

"Here's your breakfast Mija and papa." Mom suddenly showed up in front us, shocking us. Mom placed a plate in front of me and I started licking my lips in anticipation. Just gazing at the food making me drool already.

     My mom might be crazy sometimes, well always but she sure has an amazing cooking skills. Four small heart shaped pancakes are in my plate with honey syrup on it and favorite flavored fried rice.

"Let's eat!" I announced happily. After eating, I bid my parents goodbye then I walked towards school since it's like 5 houses away.

     While I'm walking, I was really caught up with my musings. There's something I didn't told my parents, about my friends. In our school, I don't have this typical group of friends who loves talking about fashion, boys and everything. Nah. My friends are all boys, 4 to be exact and they're not your ordinary boys either. They were treated as the 4 kings of our school. They were feared and admired at the same time.

    Many girls would swoon at their looks and the boys only like to befriend them to raise from popularity but not me. I only cared for them because they're like my older brothers. They protected me when someone started bullying me and they beat them up good. Now do you know why I told you they were feared? Sighing, I shook my head to clear my clouded mind.

"Myra!" I heard someone called my name. I turned around to see Falcon, he's not one of my four friends but you can call us one. I guess...

"What's up Fal?" I asked when he finally caught up with me. I resumed walking with him trailing behind.

"Nothing. I just want to walk with you to school." He said nonchalantly with a casual shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him and snorted unladylike. Yeah right.

"Alright, alright. I need your help, can I borrow your homework in Calculus?" He asked. Well, begged was more I like it. I glanced at his pleading face and sighed in defeat. I fished my notes from my bag while he started dancing his happy dance.