Chapter Thirty-Two: Feels Like Loneliness

Start from the beginning

The best way to do that, is to not think of it at all.

I quickly showered, and didn't glance at the mirror when I brushed my teeth. Then I dressed, picking out a nicer outfit than what I usually wore, just to help me from feeling bad about myself. I needed a mood-booster.

Once I was dressed, I checked the time, surprising myself by finding that it was already noon. I had been asleep a lot longer than I thought.

I sat down on the bed, reaching for my phone. Jack had said he would text me about Tabitha, and I hadn't looked at my phone for what seemed like an entire day. When I opened my phone, I was surprised to find that there were no texts or missed calls.

Nothing.

That was weird. Usually Jack was quick to check up on me. Not to mention, he had promised to tell me about Tabitha.

I frowned, and dialed Jack's number. I listened to it ring, before I was answered by his voicemail.

"Hey, sorry I couldn't answer your call. Leave a message, and I'll get back to you.", His voice said through the receiver.

After the phone beeped, I began to leave my message.

"Hey, Jack. It's Kendall. Just wanted to make sure Tabitha's doing okay. Call me when you get this.", I said timidly, sending the voicemail.

I turned on the ringer, and put my phone in my back pocket, just in case he tried to call. Then I set out to find Sophie. Now that he was back, Sophie should probably go home.

I walked to the guest room where she was staying and lightly knocked on the door. After the knock going unanswered, I slowly opened the door, checking inside. The bed was made, and not a single thing was out of place. The empty room looked as if she had never been in it.

This was the correct room. I was sure of it. Maybe she's with John? Probably. She wouldn't have gone anywhere else. She must be with John.

I walked quickly to John's room, and knocked. A few seconds later, John opened the door. Shirtless.

My eyes widened at the sight. He was only wearing basketball shorts, and his bare, toned chest was exposed, shining like a million suns. Okay. Maybe that metaphor was a bit exaggerated. But still, he looked like a freaking Abercrombie model. A freaking hot Abercrombie model.

"Kendall?", He asked in a surprised tone.

I forced myself to focus on his face. Just ask him the damn question. Ask him about Sophie.

"I- uh, I was wondering if Sophie was with you?", I choked out.

Just as he opened his mouth to answer, a voice from inside the room interrupted.

"John? Who is it?", A sleepy female voice asked from inside.

My eyes wandered to his room, where I found Zoey Dashwood standing by John's messy, unmade bed. The sheets were crumpled in a heap, and clothing littered the floor. Her long, tan legs were bare and she was only wearing one of John's shirts, looking at me with surprise and confusion.

Oh. My. God.

"Kendall?", Zoey asked, blushing red with embarrassment, confirming my thoughts.

I had interrupted their sexy time. Good lord. Please tell me this is not happening. They were doing the deed and I freaking knocked on their door. Oh, god.

"I-uh-I'm going to go.", I forced out, turning away from John, and practically sprinting down the hall.

I felt like vomiting. I'm not sure what I really expected. I mean, they were dating after all. I guess I just never thought about it. To be honest, the idea of John having sex with Zoey made me want to hurl. Not because it was disgusting, but because a small part of me hated the idea of John being with someone else. It was selfish of me. I have Jack, and he's everything I need. But it was envy, disappointment, and dissatisfaction that I felt. God, I needed to freaking pick one guy or none. I couldn't have it all.