Chapter 16: End Part 5

Start from the beginning

She then created her signature red-black portal with a wave of her hand.

"I modified the door, turning it into an intangible window. I can see the world, in any dimension, in any time frame. I sometimes pull in stuff through that window, stuff like objects, blocks, mobs... and people."

As it was swirling, she reached out her hand towards it. Black wisps of smoke started to leak from her outstretched hand as it seeped into the portal.

It was then the smoke became straight as a line, then Death pulled back, and bringing someone through the portal. He was a man, with black hair and tan skin. His body is covered with various injuries; mostly ones related to cave spiders.

Jess immediately recognized this person. He was one of the slaves she freed from the Kingdom of the Sand... and sent them in a direction of a sealed off mine, trapping them with cave spiders.

At least one of them was smart enough to survive. The rest could die for all she cared.

Before he could say anything, Death gently placed her hand on his head... and pushed him off the edge, into the acid below. He screamed for only a few seconds, but he didn't die until a minute later.

His skin melted like his vocal cords, then his bones and organs, and eventually he just dissolved into the liquid. There wasn't a trace of him left.

"People are like animals. They taste so good, but they can really annoy you." She said casually, walking away from the edge. "Like Reuben, for example?"

It was then Jess froze. Hearing the name of that animal, her former best friend, that tackled her off the edge of a cliff. "... He's just a pig, and to think that a pig of all things was my best friend... that's just really sad."

"But if you can pull things in, why don't you leave?" asked Ivor, changing the subject. "Staying in the same place forever seems quite boring." he stated, stroking his beard.

She just shrugged. "The window is a one-way thing. I can pull things in, but I can't push things out."

"So we're stuck here?!" said Jess and Ivor simultaneously.

She just waved off their concerns. "No, of course not. When you used my siblings to force your way in here, you widen the hole of the window, big enough for me to influence it, change it, and allow me to do so much more."

"... BUT HOW ARE YOU SO YOUNG... WHEN WE HAVE AGED...?"

"I'm in the Void, my main element. Time doesn't exist here while the other dimension go on."

"So time is still flowing?" asked Ivor.

"Yep." Said Death. "If I was going by the standard units of time...I say you all have been here for about 35 months? If you give or take a month."

"But we have only been here for an half an hour!" screamed Jess.

"Time marches on, with or without us. And those who don't catch up will end up like me; forgotten and alone." She said sadly, hugging herself, remembering the isolation.

"What could happen in three whole years?" Said Jess, pondering the variables.

"You'd be surprised what could happen in one day." Said Ivor, remembering the betrayal of his friends. He shook his head of that memory. "Well can we go then?!" shouted Ivor. "I don't want to go back, and see that a million years have passed!"

But the real reason was that he wanted to get his revenge. It wouldn't be satisfying to expose the Order of the Stone when they are no longer around, now would it?