Part 32 & 33 & 34:

The sudden tinkering of glass called a hush over the crowd now gathered in thebackyard. Dean looked up from the grill. His heart jumped when he saw Castieltrudging behind his sister who was clearing her throat preparing to speak.Castiel turned his head to look at Dean, who gave an awkward wave and a shysmile with the other hand still holding the spatula. Castiel turned his head,just in time to see Michael carry the birthday girl over to her mother. Annaswept her daughter into her arms before speaking, "Hello family andfriends. We are all here to celebrate my daughters first birthday. It has beensuch a blessing to have her in our lives, and in the many years to come. ToClaire!" "To Claire!" The audience repeated. Anna walked over toone of the tables, "who wants some cake?" Dean stopped listening,glancing over at Castiel who was staring at something on the fence, beforegoing back to his grilling. He was nearly done with all the hamburger pattieswhen he felt a hand lightly tap his shoulder. He turned to find Castielstanding there, a plate of pie in one hand. "I heard pie was yourfavorite?"It took Dean a couple of moments to calm his nerves as her answered Castiel,"Yes." Castiel raised a brow at him, still holding up the plate. Ittook Dean a couple of seconds to realize Castiel wanted him to take the plate.Dean did so in a way so he wouldn't touch the other man's hand."I...wanted to apologize for what happened the other day," Castielstarted, leaning closer as he talked more quietly. There was no need to do soas everyone else in the party was outside but he did so anyway. "You don'thave to apologize, I understand why you left," Dean wanted to choke on hiswords, hating himself for not being able to hide the hurt in his voice. Henoticed Castiel's face, his slight wince, but let the other man speak,"No, I should. I'm sorry. It was rude of me to just leave. I didn't get tohear your part of the story. I don't even know why I listened to Michael, Ireally don't like him. He has to be my least favorite relative." Deanchuckled, the laugh lighting up his face. "That's not very nice of you,Cassie," an all too familiar voice interrupted. Michael walked into theirspace, a cruel grin plastered against his face. "What do you want?"Castiel growled, furrowing his brows.
"I really did try to warn you, but it seems like you don't want to take myadvice," Michael almost purred, a hand snaking up to grab Castiel'sshoulder as he whispered in his ear, "don't come crying to me when yourheart gets broken." Dean's face twitched, his cheeks red from anger.Before he could stop himself he grabbed Michael by the collar, the other handslamming the pie into his sneering face. Castiel was shocked. His shock soonturned into a wide grin before Michael could process what just happened.Castiel grabbed Dean's hand, pulling him towards the door, "Let's get outof here!"
"What the hell?" Michael shouted after them, wiping some of the pieoff of his face with the back of his hand. Castiel led Dean out of the house bythe hand, still gripping it tightly. Dean was aware how soft and warm and rightCastiel's hand felt in his own. He didn't know how much he needed this, to beclose to someone. But not just anyone, with Castiel. When they were bothoutside and far enough where no one else could hear them, they broke outlaughing. Dean watched Castiel as he laughed, his eyes a bright blue, hairsticking up in the front from whatever product he had used to keep it there, adeep warm rumble coming from his chest that stirred something inside Dean."I can't believe that. No one's ever thrown pie in the face for mebefore," Castiel chuckled, letting go of Dean's hand. Dean already missedthe warmth of it when he boasted back, "If you ever need pie thrown, I'myour guy." "C'mon, let's go to your place," Castiel lightlytugged on the hem of Dean's jacket, his blue eyes sparkling. "I don't havemy keys, Sam drove here," Dean paled as he searched the inside of hispockets. "That's why," Castiel chided, pulling out his keys from hispocket, "we're taking my car." "Are you always thisprepared?" Dean asked, shifting from one foot to the other. He reallyhoped his breath didn't smell of beer anymore. Would Castiel notice?
"I'm always prepared to leave, especially if I know Michael has been invited. My cars around the corner," Castiel gestured, walking down the driveway. Dean followed, making a mental note to brush his teeth when he got home
.