Part 22 & 23

Castiel pulled away from Dean. He bit at the inside of his cheeks. His mind going into a frenzy, what had he just done? He had gotten so caught up in the moment that he had kissed Dean. What if that was not what Dean wanted?

"Dean, I-" Before he could explain anymore Dean grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, kissing Castiel back. This kiss played out longer, Dean leaning more into Castiel, letting his tongue slide into the other man's mouth. They pulled apart, both slightly out of breath, with equally flushed cheeks. They continued to kiss until Dean remembered where they were and pulled back, still feeling the faint brush of Castiel's soft lips on his own. Castiel looked at Dean in worry. "Did I do something wrong? It was wrong of me to presume this is what you wanted."

"Cas, no, it's fine. I kissed you back, remember? I wanted to, but maybe this isn't the best place to," Dean interrupted Castiel's rambling, motioning that they were not alone, he laced his fingers together with Castiel's, reassuring him.

"Oh," Castiel responded, cheeks still flushed, giving a gentle squeeze to Dean's hand.

"Should we go somewhere else?" Dean suggested.

"Sure," Castiel responded hastily.

Just as the two were getting up someone interrupted them, "Deano, is that a date?" Dean's pulse accelerated, fear rising inside him. He recognized that voice. He turned, dread spreading through to the tips of his fingers as he beheld his ex.

"Michael," both Dean and Castiel said at the same time.

Cold dark blue eyes peered back at the two men, a smile spread across Michael's handsome face, the warmth of which did not reach his eyes. They were cold and calculating as Michael observed the couple, the little gears going off in his head, playing out all the possible conversations that they could have here. His smile widened when he sensed the discomfort coming from the couple, he played at the edges of his leather jacket before running a hand through his dark, slicked back hair. "What?" That was Dean, already pale face turning in question towards Castiel, how did he know Michael?

"It's been so long, Cassie," Michael said with annoying familiarity, making Dean's skin prickle. He walked over to Castiel, placing his arm around the shorter man's shoulders, stating clear as day, "Castiel here is my lovely little cousin."

Dean's face loosened a little, he had no clue about the relation, glad for a second that the two had not been dating. Castiel shook off the unwanted contact, frowning at Michael, "How do you two know each other? Why are you here?"

"I came for the same reason as you did, for little Claire's birthday. Isn't she the cutest?" Michael responded, pacing a little bit before continuing, "As for me and Dean, we go way back. We used to date. And I know we're not fond of each other, but you better watch out for this one Castiel, he has a habit of tossing people away. I wouldn't want you to get hurt little cousin." With that he strode off, laughing at the damage he knew he had just created.

"Cas?" Dean asked in a weak voice, he reached out to grab Castiel's arm. He could feel the anxiety ebbing at his stomach, his hands already shaking. He needed to explain before it was too late. Maybe he could fix this before Castiel thought too much into the words Michael had just said. He needed to tell Castiel that he was not like that anymore, that he was a young, confused, hurt person when he had dated Michael, that he used to not care who he hurt as long as he got his way.

Castiel recoiled from the touch, blue eyes hurting, the damage had already been done. Dean could see his trust fading as Castiel curtly added, "I need you to take me home now."