Part 28 & 29

Dean lay on the couch watching Dr. Sexy MD and drinking a cold beer. He had not been able to work since his last date with Castiel, feeling like the creative juices had completely depleted from his system. Usually this show could lift his spirits, he would get excited when he saw Dr. Sexy but today it barely had an effect on him. Dean took another swig of the beer, it was cold and light, not enough to get him drunk. During an advertisement Dean got up to go to the kitchen. He got out the meatloaf from the previous night, not bothering to heat up the slice he cut himself before returning to the couch.

About an hour later Sam came into the room wearing nice clothes, a change from his usual plaid shirt and jeans. Dean didn't look up, taking a swig of the second beer he had today. "Dean," Sam called. Dean didn't twitch or acknowledge that Sam had called out his name. "Dean!" Sam tried again, more insistently.

"What?" Dean turned to his brother, annoyed that there was only trash on the tv now and no more Dr. Sexy.

"Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"The party, that starts in an hour?"

"I'm not going," Dean huffed.

"Yes you are, I promised Anna you would go."

"Make me."

"Dean..." Sam grabbed Dean by the ankles, pulling him off the sofa. They tussled around till Sam finally defeated Dean, dragging him out the front door. Jessica stood waiting outside in a lovely light flower dress, cardigan, with red leggings and boots. She giggled, twirling to show off the outfit to the boys.

Dean pouted in the backseat. Every nerve inside him telling him to open the car door and make a run for it. He knew he couldn't outrun his little brother, not just because Sam had longer legs but because he went running a lot, while Dean sat at his computer most days collecting dust. "Don't look so down Dean, we're going to a party!" Jessica piped, oblivious to his suffering.

"He'll warm up soon," Sam reassured her, turning on the radio to country music. Dean frowned at his brothers' choice of music, rapping his fingers against his leg to try to dispel all the nervous energy inside him. What was he going to do? This party was for Anna's closest friends and relatives. Try as hard as he might there was no way he wouldn't see Castiel. Dean did want to see Castiel, his mind always rushing back to the dark-haired man. Though he tried to forget him, he could not. And what could he say to make it all better? The truth? Before Dean could ponder what his next move would be, Sam pulled into a parking spot a block away from Anna's house.

Dean reluctantly got out of the impala. He checked himself in the mirror, he looked tired but not terrible. "C'mon, princess," Sam slapped Dean on the back, ushering him down the sidewalk.

"I'm so excited to meet Claire, I love babies!" Jessica exclaimed, her cheeks rosy with excitement. Sam answered her and Dean wandered back into his mind. Each step drawing him closer to the welcoming house. Anna had put pink and blue balloons outside, letting everybody on the block know there was a party happening.