Part 2

Nala got up from her bed on the floor and ran barking towards the main entrance

Nala got up from her bed on the floor and ran barking towards the main entrance. Dean glanced out the window one more time but saw nothing but darkness before following her down the hallway. He hesitated before opening the door. What if it was a bad person? Someone here to rob him? As if to back him up Nala growled at the door. He felt more at ease with her beside him and opened the heavy door.

A man stood outside; trench coat drenched in rain with a suitcase at his side. He spoke in a deep growly voice that made Dean's ears prick up, "I'm sorry to intrude so late at night. My car broke down. Could I borrow your phone?"

Dean hesitated before answering, "Sure, come on in."
Nala had stopped barking, which meant she didn't think this man was a bad person, Dean tended to trust her judgement. She simply went up to the stranger, stuck her snout in his crotch, gave a big sniff before wandering off. "Sorry about that," Dean smiled sheepishly "It's her way of saying hi."

The stranger returned the smile. Dean led him to the kitchen where one of the home phones was located. He motioned the stranger towards it. He picked up the phone before dialing the number. Dean observed him as he spoke. He was wearing dress shoes and a suit underneath his trench coat. Was he headed to some formal event? Dean tried to think of any nearby but came up empty since his job kept him out of touch from reality. The stranger shivered in his wet clothes, his dark hair plastered to his face. It occurred to Dean that the stranger would catch a cold so he went to one of the many bathrooms to get him a towel.

When Dean returned the stranger was leaning against one of the counters, phone resting beside him. Dean walked closer to him and handed him the towel.
"I'm Dean. Dean Winchester," Dean told the stranger.
At closer proximity Dean noticed that the stranger had startling blue eyes that he had not noticed before because of the lighting.

The stranger took the towel from Dean. Wiping his face dry before answering, "Castiel. I'm Castiel Novak."