Car Trouble

July 11, 2011 

I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen to see my dad making some coffee. “Hey honey.” He said as he kissed the top of my forehead. 

“Hi dad.” 

I walked over to the fridge and grabbed the orange juice. As I was pouring myself a cup I looked out the window above the sink and saw Tyler playing in the pool with his sisters. I smiled a little but that caused for my top lip to hurt again. My top lip was so big that I had Angelina Jolie’s lips. 

“Too bad he’ll be staying at a hotel now. His sisters are going to miss him.” 

“I cancelled his hotel reservation.” I said as I put the orange juice back.

“Why would you do that for Tyler?” 

I looked at my dad “I didn’t do it for Tyler; I did it for Candace and Cassidy.” 

I grabbed my cup and my dad handed me a plate of toast. I sat down on a stool and my dad sat next to me. 

“I have the day off; do you want to do something today?” 

I took a bit of toast “As much as I want to, I have work.” 

He shook his head “How long are you working?”

“From 8 AM to closing.” 

“Why so long?” 

I drank the remainder of my orange juice “To make money.” I placed my cup in the sink and kissed my father on the cheek. “See you later.” 

I grabbed my car keys and got ready to serve food for the next fourteen hours. What a great way to start off the week. 

~

~

Tyler walked through the French doors with Candace and Cassidy behind him. As he was drying off, he said “Okay I got to get going now.” 

“Oh come on Tyler! Stay for at least one more hour.” Cassidy begged. 

“I can’t. I need to go confirm my reservation at the hotel.” 

“You don’t need to.” Elena’s dad said as he walked into the living room. 

Tyler looked at Elena’s dad, Jack, strangely “Why not?” 

Jack looked at Tyler “Elena cancelled your reservation. So it seems like you’re going to be staying here.” 

Tyler couldn’t believe it “But why would she do that?” 

Jack shrugged “I don’t know.” 

Jack left the living room and Cassidy smiled “Yay! You get to stay!!” She ran over and hugged Tyler. “I’m going to tell mom the great news!”

Cassidy ran out of the room and Tyler sat down on the couch. “Why would she do that if she hates me?” 

Candace rolled her eyes “Elena doesn’t hate you Tyler.” 

Tyler looked at his sister “Trust me; she hates me after what I did to her.”  

Candace sat next to her brother “She is just a little mad at you but I can promise you that she is not mad at you.” 

“How do you know?” 

“Because even after you left to go play for the Whalers, Elena followed your every track.” 

Tyler was confused “What do you mean?” 

“Elena was so proud of you after you got signed with the Bruins. She watched every one of your games and has been supporting you ever since you joined the NHL.”