Labor and Toil Part 4

I'm sorry it's been sooooo long, life get's crazy sometimes, loves. Any how, here it is. Feel free to follow me on instagram. Sanders_7112 or tumblr igniscorde7112. Idk what's going on with the format.

Aelin Galathynius was having a shitty day so far.
  Even though, soon she supposed, it would be one of the happiest days of her life. But right now, it was pretty shitty.

  With another long groan, she fell back against Rowan, her damn dress damp with sweat. Rowan carefully placed an icy cloth on her brow, murmuring soft words in her ear. She savored the feel of his hands running down her arms in careful, soothing motions. Aelin made herself open her eyes, and found Rowan's eyes trained on her.

"What?" She bit out, harsher than she'd meant to.
  Rowan pursed his lips, a frown tugging at the corners of his mouth. "How do you feel, Fireheart," he said with Fae softness.
  She wanted to snap at him, tell him that she felt like she was pushing their child out of her womb, but she leashed herself.

 "I'm tired, sore, and I feel nauseous." She said plainly, wriggling back against him, leaning her head against his shoulder.

     Yrene made a noise from the end of the bed, and got up, getting a glass of water, which she offered to Aelin. She took it gratefully and sipped from it slowly, the cool water calming her insides. Rowan lifted the cloth again and sent a jolt of ice through it before placing it on the back of her neck. Aelin sighed again, handing the glass back to Yrene, who took it and pressed her fingers into the hollow of her wrist, checking her pulse.

  "You really are doing well, Aelin, and you are moving along quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if the baby was here by tonight."
  Aelin nodded, but said nothing, as she could feel her gut begin to tighten and cramp. "Rowan—"
Her mate knew what she couldn't say, and intertwined his hands with hers'.

 "You can do this, Aelin, breathe," he murmured in her ear. "You're doing brilliantly, love."
  Aelin felt something shift within her, and she let out a scream, pushing as hard as her body would allow. Yrene moved to the end of the bed, bracing her hands on either of Aelin's shins.

A sharp intake of breath met Aelin's ears and panic rose in her chest.
 Behind her, Rowan tensed. "What? What's wrong" He snapped.

Yrene let out a chuckle, and raised her head. "Just keep pushing Aelin, you're doing wonderfully."
  Aelin didn't feel the least bit calmed, but did as she was told, digging her nails into Rowan's hands as she pushed.
 A savage groan escaped her and she felt her already hot face heat further, but she couldn't bring herself to care as Yrene gave her a brilliant smile.

"I see a baby, Aelin."

Aelin's words were caught in her throat as she threw back her head against Rowan's shoulder, tears forming in her eyes as pain ripped through her.

"You really are almost there, Aelin. I just need a few more pushes, then you can see your baby," Yrene murmured softly, gesturing for one of the fresh faced young women to come to stand next to her.

Rowan, she noticed, had gone silent, and she reached a hand back to grab his shoulder. He started a bit, then kissed her hair.

"I'm fine, Fireheart, don't worry about me, just focus on the baby, you can do this." He mumbled into her hair, but Aelin knew his nerves were getting the better of him, but she didn't say anything. Because the same was going on inside of her, but that didn't matter, because they're baby was almost there and Aelin was ready to meet her child.

So she released Rowan's shoulder, and inhaled deeply.

"Aelin, when I tell you to push, push. Understand?" Yrene stated, her voice steady and even. Aelin gave a weak nod, and slid her hand back into Rowan's, the comfort of his scarred skin and callouses calming her.