Day Is Done

The first of many battles was over, the day finally done. They had won. But at what cost? They'd lost way to many men and women. Gods, the healers would be up all night. You drove them to their death. "Aelin, we need to assess the troops." Rowan's voice washed over her, strong yet soft, comforting. " No. Tell them to rest and mourn." All Aelin wanted to do was sleep like the dead. Rowan sighed, then said,"Aelin, the troops need their queen." He was right, and she hated him for it. She nodded, then said to a guard, "Tell Prince Aedion to gather the troops." The man nodded,"Yes my Queen." She flinched, she hated when anyone called her "Queen" or said " Your Highness". Not that she resented her title, but she disliked the fact that she had power over the people of Terrasen. "Aelin," Rowan's hand was resting on her waist, his eyes locked with hers. Are you all right? He's eyes questioned. She swallowed, then nodded. I will be fine.

After the troops had gathered in the center of the camp Aelin hopped upon a stump, then she began her address," Today we won the first of many battles. But still the fight is yet over, and we've yet to rattle the stars," She paused to look at Rowan, "Although there are many battles coming, tonight I permit you to rest and mourn." And with that she stepped of the stump, and walked towards her tent.