Stormy Nights

Despite the fact Aelin Galathynius had fire coursing through her veins she was freezing. The storm outside the tent raged on, and despite Rowan's efforts the storm was just to large to stop. Aedion, the ignorant fool chose to not sleep in a tent and keep watch so it was Aelin and Rowan to a tent, and Lysandra and her charge in another. Rowan was lucky, the cold never bothered him. And as he kept reminding her, " People blessed with Mala's gifts often do get cold easily. " Shivering, as water leaked through the tent on to her face she slowly untied the tent flap and crept out of the tent, careful not to wake Rowan. Aedion keeping watch next to Lysandra's tent smiled, "Having a hard time sleeping in Terrasen," he asked. "Aren't you cold." "Freezing. "she muttered. " Well, Terrasen sure makes Adarlan feel hot, doesn't it? And why aren't you in the warm tent?" She growled, "I have bathroom needs to attend to if you must know, so goodnight." She said, and stomped out to the woods. Nosy Fae. After she finished her deed, she figured she wasn't going to sleep anyway, so she decided to stay out for awhile. Aelin found a dry rock and sat, listening, thinking. Ewaran. Witches. Wyvrens. So much evil, and yet she knew there was so much good. And sometimes the scales did tip. She was now a queen who had to deal with these scales. He took Perrington's body-and... That bastard Duke who had touched Kaltain... Huffing, Aelin heard near silent foot steps behind her, a pine and snow scent wrapped around her, "What are you doing out here it is freezing. " Rowan hissed. She shrugged, "I couldn't sleep. " Rowan looked at her, Really? Carefully Rowan crawled on the rock she was setting on, and wrapped his arm around hers. Aelin pressed her head against his chest, breathing in his scent. He pulled her farther into his lap. "Are you alright." He asked, quietly. Aelin's eyes burned, but now was not the time for tears, but having Queendom thrust upon you was a tad bit stressful. She had accepted her title, but it still scared her. "War is coming." she whispered. "And we might not survive it."

Seeing Aelin crumple like that broke him, but he knew she was stronger than that war. " It is, but we will get through it like always." Rowan murmured into her hair. He knew his Fireheart could do it, this woman had so much, carrying the weight of the world on her small shoulders. She turned around and looked at him. Aelin nodded. " Can I kiss you?" she whispered. "Yes." Rowan breathed. She pressed her mouth to his, he savored her taste. His hands went to her hair, it silky and smooth despite the weeks of travel. She let out a sigh that shredded his self control. He moved from her lips to her neck, nipping on her jaw. She let out a moan."We'd better stop Row." Aelin said, blushing. Row, he liked that " What did you call me?" he chuckled. " Row, Oh well -" Rowan cut her off. "No, I like it. Row." he said testing it out on his tongue. "Well "Row" we should get back to camp." She said, sarcastically. They walked back to camp silently, the rain finally stopping. Aedion smirked at Rowan, and continued on his watch. Aelin crawled into their damp tent and layed down. Rowan climbed in after her. "Rowan it's cold." , she whispered. She smiled at him pressing her head to his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, kissing her hair. "Sleep, Fireheart." he murmured, and she did.