Swimming

Aelin groaned as she dismounted her horse. They had already been traveling for two weeks, and it was slowly driving her insane. Lysandra's quiet teasing was enough to drive anyone mad, and when ever Rowan got within two feet of her, Lysandra would very suggestively wriggle her brows.  "How far back was the village, Rowan?" Aedion asked, setting down their packs. Rowan shrugged, a simple but fluid motion, "At least a mile back." Rowan. With them in such a haste they had little privacy, and his little gestures were starting to get to her. "Aelin, I think I will head into town and grab a few supplies." Aedion said. Aelin nodded, they were running low on soap. "Lady Lysandra, would you like to join me?"             Lysandra smiled and looked to Evangeline, "Would you like to go into town?" The young girl smiled and nodded vigorously. Aelin looked towards Rowan, who grinned smugly.  They had noted how Aedion and Lysandra had been dancing around each other. Ten pieces of gold says that Lysasndra makes the first move. Rowan smiled and shook his head, Fifteen if Aedion does.  Aedion helped Lysandra and Evangeline onto a horse, and mounted one himself.

                    After setting up the bed rolls and preparing the fire, Aelin sat down next to Rowan. "Rowan?" He flicked his gaze from the fire to her, "What?" She gave him a serpents grin, "I want to go swimming." Rowan's brows shot up, "Where?" "Well when we were ridding in I saw a stream and what looked like a waterfall." Rowan rolled his eyes, "And whose going to watch the camp? Fleetfoot."  "It'll be fine, I'll take the amulet with me." She wrapped an arm around him, "Please?" He growled, but nodded.  She let out a high pitched noise, then ran to change out of her riding leathers.

      After she had changed they began the walk towards the stream in comfortable silence. "Are you sure you even saw one? " Aelin elbowed him, "I am sure you buzzard." "No need for violence, princess." She swung around to face him, "You realize that I am a Queen, right." The faint sound of rushing water hit their ears and Aelin smiled, "I told you so." He rolled his pine-green eyes, "Come on, princess."     When they got to the water Rowan peeled of his shirt, his tanned skin rippling. Her eyes moved to the light pink scar on his shoulder. The scar he'd earned saving her life. The scar that almost ended his. She slowly walked towards him, taking in the glorious span of his skin, she wrapped her arm around his waist and lightly kissed the scar. "Thank you." , she murmured against his shoulder. "For what?" She squeezed him tighter, "For saving me." He turned around and kissed her brow,  "It is my duty, Fireheart." She nodded, clearing her throat Aelin unwrapped her arms from him and took of her boots," Lets swim." Rowan rolled his eyes at her feeble attempt at covering her emotions, and followed her to the bank. Aelin quickly stripped down to her underthings and glanced back at Rowan, whose gaze was... Everywhere. "Are you just going to stare or are you going to join me?", she asked much too innocently. Rowan rolled his eyes once again and got up. After stripping down to his undershorts he looked up, "Are you going to just stare or are you going to swim?"

    Rowan smiled as Aelin laughed and eased herself into the water, her shoulder length hair swaying with the motion. "You know Lysandra will be jealous when I tell her I bathed.", Aelin stated. She looked at him with an intelligent curiosity. What?, her eyes seemed to say. Rowan smiled again and stepped forward to her, "Would it be stupid if I called you beautiful?" She blushed, but said, "Yes, because I already know that." He smiled and kissed her, savoring the taste of her lips. Aelin placed a hand on his scarred shoulder,and she nimbly wrapped her legs around his hips and moaned. Rowan had been thinking about this sense they left Rifthold. He began walking towards shore and laid Aelin down on the sand. She sighed loudly when he began kissing her neck. Her small hands began reaching towards his hips then, "Aelin? Rowan?"  Aelin's beautiful eyes widened. Shit.