Chapter 14

"We need California here now!" I heard my name being called and I quickly run out my house and into the black car.

"Alright you have everything you need? The piano is going to be on stage when you perform you're going to be escorted by G here who is your security guard for the day" I look behind me and see the girls with O2L boys scramble into the cars sent out for them and start to follow close behind us.

I look down at my freshly French tip manicured nails and my dress was long sleeved floor length that was opened on the back it was the same dress Carrie Underwood wore on her red carpet except instead of it being sequenced it was white floral. This is dress is the most beautiful dress I have ever worn and laid eyes on especially since it's a one of a kind.

My hair was just like Julianne Hough did with her hair up do.

The car drove to a stop and I can see soccer fans and a lot of One Direction fans with a whole bunch of paparazzi's all lined up ready to see me mess up.

Er- strut my stuff.

G walked around the car and held the door open for me so I wasn't bombarded by paparazzi's he led me over to the red carpet that's where everything happens I see E News here, I see ESPN here and a few other famous journalists as well.

I slowly take a step and this is the first time I have been on a red carpet I am trying to keep my emotions from pouring out of me.

I hear my name being called multiple times and the first live TV interview starts in 3, 2, 1 "hi California I'm Giuliana Rancic from E News-"

"Oh my gosh, I'm such a huge fan!" idiot.

She starts to laugh and gives me a side hug "you're so sweet, and I love your dress it's honestly breath taking it really is."

"Oh wow," I look down at my dress "thank you means a lot, you know since your fashion police you were the one I wanted to impress the most tonight" I started to laugh as well did she. Good I'm making playful banter I haven't screwed up this interview yet.

"Yes, but I heard that you are performing tonight how do you feel right now nervous wise?" she puts the microphone to face me.

I look at the camera and around me noticing a few of my other co-workers standing in front of the long poster with the red carpet right under it that has Soccer Buzz magazine logos over it including ESPN and E News on it as well.

I look to my side and see my friends making their way down the red carpet followed by a few of my family members "um right now I'm not so nervous it probably hasn't hit me yet but I know it will and I'll probably start to freak out but once I'm up there I'm just going to perform and play my heart out hopefully raise enough money for the foundation I'm supporting" I smiled at her.

I was asked a few more questions and I made my way to the middle of the red carpet and I was told to pose.

At first I never had this many flashing lights and cameras all in my face but I don't know how anyone can be taken this so easy I don't know how the celebrities do it, I haven't seen the boys and I'm starting to feel the jitters coming back.

I know Louis said things would be better in the morning before the banquet even arrives but now it's here and I'm trying not to freak out.

I heard screaming fans start to roar as soon as I see 5 familiar faces but I'm only looking at one.

Harry's.

Harry's POV

"Hey man you look sharp" Louis tugged on the side of my tux I felt sharp but I was still a bit nervous I was only thinking about California all night and I am obviously going to run into her seeing as she works for this magazine and is performing and is getting an award.

"Thanks Lou, did they tell us who we're giving the award too yet?" I asked but he shook his head no.

"Alright boys let's go" Jane pushed us all out the apartment and we piled into the van as Paul started to drive off.

Lou our hairstylist started to touch up my hair followed by Zayn's "alright you boys are ready to go" she slapped my chest and revealed a flower by the breast pocket she winked at me before waving goodbye as we all left the car.

My ears were filled with screaming fans we walked over to them and started to sign a few autographs and take pictures with some of them.

We pose and I start to feel more nervous because down the red carpet I see her, California looking stunning she literally took my breath away. I would stare at her all day if it wasn't for E News calling my name I walked over smiling at Giuliana she gave me a quick hug "hi Harry! How are you?"

"I'm great thanks, you?"

"I'm great too, some banquet huh?" she held the microphone a little bit by my chin.

"Yeah I'm glad that all the money it's raising goes straight to foundations all over the country to help kids in need" I look to my side and see the lads being interviewed by a few other people.

"Yes! There are many performers performing tonight followed by a few other celebrities tell me which performer are you excited to see?"

"Um California Jones, heard she has a great piece she's been working on" I wink at the camera.

"Ahh yes, she looked absolutely stunning in that white dress I mean blew me away" she threw her hands over her heart.

"Yeah" I look at her direction "she looked beautiful" I smiled at Giuliana.

She asked me a few more questions and I kept being stopped to answer a few more questions by other interviewers.

I did my best to answer them as quickly as possible so I can meet up with California but she was already inside and I was too busy getting interviewed again.

Thankfully Liam saved me by rushing me inside followed by the rest of the lads.

"PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS THE BANQUET IS ABOUT TO BEGIN" I heard over the inner come. I notice their a few musicians here I know like my buddy Ed Sheeran, John Mayer, Katy Perry, and a few others.

There were a lot more famous soccer players here than the rest "man look at all of them, they're all legends and they are only a few feet away from us" I felt Niall's arm around my shoulder as he squeezed it lightly.

I can tell out of all of us he was the one who tried to keep it cool.

"Ronaldo, Messi, Beckham, Ronaldinho, Xavier Hernandez, Bale! And basically the rest of the top ten best soccer players in the world!" Niall was about to explode I can see it in his face.

I see California sit on the other side of the arena, there were three sections. It goes musicians, famous soccer players and then the people who are getting awarded/their guests/performers.

I wanted to quickly go over there and say hi but I know I couldn't distract her.

I look at Niall and notice he's not staring at the soccer players anymore he's staring at the direction I was and the only reason he was doing that was because Beverly was currently walking right up to California and giving her a hug.

"She looks beautiful huh?" I nudged him.

"Stunning" he whispered.

He let go of my shoulder and started to walk over their "PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS WE BEGIN IN 10..." Niall turned back around with stress on his face but then he softened up when he seen me and the lads looking at him.

He just shook his head and walked over to his seat, I sat on the edge still able to see her sitting their smiling and being so-so beautiful.

...