Chapter 65: "I'm Breaking Up with You"

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh please, like you'd show anyone the government those pictures," he rolls his eyes. Why does he seem to know everything?
"Oh darling I'm the king of blackmail, you really thought you could blackmail me?"
I scowl up at him, "What did you blackmail so many people in Swedent that you got kicked out?"

If I hadn't been starring so intently at his face I would've missed the single image of fear in his eyes as I mentioned him getting kicked out of Sweden. There must be something there. I thought the only reason he left Sweden was his father's job got switched but now I see there's something different, maybe I shouldn't have looked at official records and should've been looking and asking questions about his social life, this whole time I've been looking in the wrong place.

With one last death glare that should've sent him six feet under I whip my hair in his face and stroll down the now empy hallway, I plot in my head how I'm going to find out the real reason he left Sweden.

                                                                                                            +++

A week and still nothing but silence looming over my head a questions from Four, Why have you been talking to Jason so much? Why have you spent so much time in your room on your laptop? Tris what's going on with you?

He's asked so many more but I can't bring myself to answer any of them. I can always see the betrayal in his eyes when all I do is shrug and glance down at my hands. Yet I have been talking to Jason so much, and I have been constantly on my laptop, all because I need information.

Today started out like any other day, at least that's what I thought it would be. Heading to my locker in the sufficating crowds I once agian feel my heart race as I open my locker to see if there are any more threats. Peaking into it I notice one envelope addressed to me, this time it's only a 4x6 instead of a giant piece of paper. Slidding it out I glance around nervously to see if anyone sees me, instead I watch as they're all swept away by their own stampede.

Ripping the envelope open I slide out one picture the size of a flashcard, my heart stops once it sees what it is, instead of a picture of me and Four it's only of me, except I'm completely naked.

I stare at the picture for what seems like hours, flipping it over there's a note attached, Dump the number boy or this photo and many more will be everywhere. :)

Folding it over I wrip it in half, once, twice, and then I pull I lighter that I just so casually have in my purse (no I don't smoke) then lighting it on fire I get a few skeptical looks from my peers but they all seem to just shrug it off.

Feeling fear and confusion swarm my head I storm off to the gym, shoving people out of the way, Four should be in the showers right now because he works out at school before class. Storming into the weight room I glance over to see if he's still in here or the showers.

Walking around to the bench the boys always work out on I see Will and Uriah lifting, well Will lifting Uriah's just eating a chocolate bar next him attempting at cheering him on while Will uses quiet the colorful language directed towards Uriah's snack.

"Have you guys seen Four?" I ask nervously making Will drop the weight back onto the stand with a loud bang and Uriah starts choking on his chocolate.
"Yeah he just got out of the shower and headed to class," Will responds out of breathe looking me up and down.
"Hey what's been up with you lately?" he asks then glances at Uriah whose face is red by now.

"This is why you don't eat crap in the gym you asshat!" Will shouts as Uriah grips onto the weight next to him for support but sends that weight tumbling over and soon an entire domino effect happens of weights. I sigh and whip around, booking it out of there before anyone can ask further questions on the topic of my behavior. Speeding down the halls I slip through the crowded halls and see the classroom.

Standing outside the room I look in to see Four sitting on his phone and an empty seat in between him and Christina, I knew that seat was for me but instead of walking in and taking it I strode out of the classroom and out of the school.

                                                                                                         +++

I didn't answer any of the texts or calls, only one and that was to my parents saying I was to sick to go to school in which they easily let me stay home. Ever since Jeanine they basically let me do anything I want, besides leave the house unattended, since they're afraid I'll get PTSD or some sort of depression because of Edward. All of Four's calls, all of his texts I've been completely ignoring and it hurts so bad.

Laying on the couch starring at the unchanging ceiling I cover my face and let out a loud shout of anger and pain directed straight to the ceiling. That's when I hear the door slide open and in walks a very concerned looking Four.
"Tris what the hell!?" he shouts at me and I jerk upwards and stare at him in shock.
"What are you doing home, why haven't you returned any of our calls and why were you shouting?" he demands as he approaches me quickly.

I open my mouth to respond and the first thing that comes out pierces my heart,

"We need to break up."