Chapter 15: Ghost in the Cemetery

Tris POV

When we pull away we stare at each other for a long time. Then Four looks down and walks away quickly. I stare into the direction he went for a long time.

"Tris!" I hear Caleb shout and he honks his horn making me whip around. I run to the car and hop in the front seat and he drives away before I can completely close the door.

"What were you starring at?" He asks speeding.
"Nothing I was just lost in thought I guess." I say.
"Well you looked like an idiot." He says turning into our gated neighborhood.

"Oh and are you going to the victor party Saturday night?" He asks.
"Well yeah I'm a cheerleader." I say
"Do you even know what it is?" He asks amused.
"No what is it?"
"Ghost in the graveyard in a real graveyard."

"What!?" I hate ghost in the graveyard and I am so scared of horror stuff. Caleb just laughs at my reaction and gets out of the car leaving me alone.

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit." I moan and get out of the car.

"How was the game sweetie?" My dad asks.
"Good we won obviously." I say smirking at him.
"Did you do a good job cheering?" My mom says.

"She did absolutely horrible." Caleb says laughing.
"Caleb." My dad scolds. He just smirks and shoves more popcorn in his face.

"So Tris how's your new boyfriend?" Caleb asks loudly.
"Caleb!" I yell.
"What? Who? I need to meet him!" My dad says. Ever since the incident with Jesse my dad has been very protective of who I date and if he finds out I'm "dating" Eric he'll flip.

"I'm tired, goodnight." I say smile and sprint upstairs with my dad yelling something.

I plop on my bed and think of Four. Then peak out my window to see Four's curtains closed. That's weird his curtains are never closed.

I forget about it and fall asleep in my cheerleading uniform.

"FOUR!" I shout and run toward him. He's all decked out in his football uniform his back turned to me.

He turns around blood dripping from his nose and a black eye.
"Tris run!" He shouts.
"What?"
"RUN NOW before he gets you to!" He shouts and that's when I see him.

A faceless man holding a belt. He's dressed in a senators uniform, something my father would wear.

He lifts his belt and is about to lash down on Four when I step in front of him and he hits my arm instead. I scream in pain and hover over.

That's when I wake up. I look at my clock 3:00 a.m. I look out my window to see Fours light on.

Zeke is there and so is Uriah. Four is laying on his stomach while Zeke does something to his back.

I watch for 30 minutes as Zeke puts stuff on his back and they talk while Uriah sits across the room with a gloomy face.

Finally I decide I should just go to bed because watching them do something weird is just, well weird. I lay down and stare at my ceiling to awake to fall back asleep.

Tonight at 10:00 we'll be in a graveyard playing ghost in the graveyard. And Four will be there, great, I think out of habit. Then I remember the kiss. We hate each other. Or did at least. Ever since we were 2 years old we've never gotten along.

I even remember in preschool he cut my hair with scissors. Then I screamed and started slapping him crying then he cried. It's sort of hard to imagine Four cry now. I mean I never even saw him cry for real before, not even at his moms funeral when he was six.