Money Issues AU...

I come home, taking my heels off. A sudden feeling of relief taking over my body. Today was extremely busy at the diner but I can't complain.

"Ni?" I yell out, receiving no response.

He must not be home yet. As I step foot into the kitchen I see the stack of bills.

Stress is quick to take over. Niall and I are behind on a lot of bills which is why I have been having to work extra hours. Every penny counts.

I hear the sound of keys jingling meaning Niall is home.

"Hey princess..." Niall wraps his arms around my waist after placing a light kiss on my cheek.

"Niall, I asked you to pay the rent today." I step out of his grip, handing him the envelope

He looks at it and sighs, "I know. I'm sorry."

"No Niall. Sorry doesn't cut it! If we get behind another month they are sure to kick us out of here!" I raise my voice

"Calm down princ---"

"Don't call me princess!" I cut him off. "Why can't you see how much we are struggling?"

"I do realize that we are struggling that's why I went and asked around the local pubs for gig opportunities." Nialls lips spread into a weary grin

"Maybe its time you get a real job!" The words spilled and I had no time to think twice.

"My music is a real job. I work so hard, trying to make this work."

"Well obviously you are not trying hard enough! Niall you have been at this music thing for the longest time now and you have gotten no where! We need actual income." Niall's grin quickly turned into a frown. His blue eyes turning a dark grey as they drowned behind forming tears.

"When did you stop believing in me?" Niall whispered, hurt behind every word

He took a grip of his jacket and keys and went flying out of the door.

I couldn't believe what had just happened. How could I have been so heartless. Of course I believe in him, I love his music. I love him.

.

I drove around the city hoping to find his car or any sign of a blonde.

As I drove past the park near our apartment building I recognized the bleached head of hair.

"Niall!" I yelled as I approached the figure slouching on a bench.

He didn't even bother to acknowledge my presence.

But I deserved that.

"Ni. I'm sorry!" I plead, " I was stressed and frustrated. I know that it is no excuse but I can assure you that I meant none of what I said back there. I love your music. I believed in you when you first started with this dream of yours and still fully believe in you now. You hold a spark that is very rare, I wouldn't want you to give that up for anything in the world." I intertwined my fingers through his calloused ones.

"You were right. I need to find a real job, I need to provide." He whispered

Just hearing those words come out of his mouth broke my heart.

"No Niall!" I cupped his jaw and made him look at me, "Your music is so important and I want you to focus on that 100%. We'll figure the money stuff out, but right now I want to listen to those guitar strings strum and that beautiful voice of yours sing!" A wide smile spread across his lips and my heart skipped a beat.

"I love you." Niall pressed a soft kiss against my lips

"I love you too."

Lmao this is way long overdue. Sorry for being MIA for the past two months. But I just had no inspiration until now. I know it sucked but I hope you at least smiled!
Love ya...
~AusllyDirectioner