"You're no fun. Maybe I'll convince Lisa."

"I'm curious Max. Do you want a mate one day?" It was so hard to imagine him finding a girl. She would need to be the carbon copy of him or else he'd devour her. Did such a girl even exist? We could never be together for instance. I was way too much of a homebody for him. I hoped he found someone who could match his intensity, and was just as outgoing and adventurous as he.

Max shifted forward in his seat. He took a few seconds to respond. "I don't know to be honest. What I do know is that I don't want to do the traditional route of marriage and kids. I don't want the burden, i want to move around and always be on the go. So if there is a girl out there that can handle this then sure why not.  I'm just nervous I'll find my mate and she will have an entirely different vision of our life together, a much slower one, and I'll be obligated to give up those dreams to keep her. Or on the other spectrum, I don't want to force her to follow along with me on my crazy quests, if that's not what she wants. I'm selfish but I'm not that selfish." He smirked at the end.

I bit my lip in contemplation. "I think the moon goddess has a way of giving us exactly what we need." I raised my eyebrows at him, hoping he'd understand what I meant.  I was starting to think maybe he was mateless. He'd be better equipped to deal with the loss of never having a mate than someone like Matt for instance.

We were temporarily stalled when another "classic" came on. Thank god this was a drive to the airport and not a road trip.

Finally we made it. I walked in the airport with Max as Matt circled around to find parking. I knew fairly well how the airport system worked since just a few months ago I dropped everything and headed on a flight to New York.What a crazy time that had been.Things had changed so much since then.

Max went to go find the bathroom and I stood alone waiting for Reid's figure to come down the escalator or stairs. I was so nervous where was he?

Matt came in and joined me. He sensed my nervousness and tried to mitigate it. "There's nothing to be worried about.He loves you and he can't wait to see you." He patted my shoulder affectionately.

My heart warmed a bit and took away quite a bit of nerves. "Thanks Matt."We sat down for a bit and chatted.Max was nowhere in sight.Finally Matt jabbed me with his elbow.

"There he is."He pointed."Go get him."

I watched as Reid walked down the stairs.He looked around as if he was lost. His eyes scanned around the crowd quickly. His gaze overlooked me for a split second then it returned locking directly on my face. I felt the hairs stand up on my arms.

He walked quicker down the stairs and I started walking faster to match his speed. I was almost there, if I could reach out I could touch him. We met in the middle, his hand gripping my shoulders. "Cara." He whispered like I was not real and his lips crushed down on mine as if needing to prove that I was indeed. I bit his lip softly needing to taste enough of him as possible. He moaned softly into my mouth.His hands found themselves in my hair.I had it in a bun but the hair tie broke and my hair fell around my shoulders. His forehead rested on mine. "Let's go home." He smiled.

"Okay." I nodded.

He saw Matt and bumped fists with him, Max appeared as well and the two of them embraced.

"Looking good Reid." Max joked. There was still a long scar that that ran down the right side of his face and his black eye was still fading. My mate looked seriously sexy and smoldering like this. It wouldn't be the worst thing if he kept the scar on his face. Apparently it would heal after a couple of a shifts. Thank god for our werewolf abilities.

"I've seen better days I must admit." He shrugged as if to say 'what can I do.'

"Who's car did you use Matt?" We all walked to the parking lot.