Chapter 6: The Walk

Chapter 6:  "The Walk"

Ali (POV)

My Dad and I left early , I was tired but before I left , Prince, Prod, Roc, Ray and I were having fun. We were telling stories and making jokes. It was funny because Roc and I were talking a lot and he was really funny. They all were. Then their manager that Walter guy or as I have to call him Mr. Millsap took them to go and practice recording and learn their new music for the second album. They all gave me hugs goodbye and Roc hugged me tight. I don't know what it is but I couldn't look past the fact that Roc had a girlfriend but being around him before I left I didn't think about him having a GF at all, and I didn't think about Justin at all either.

My Dad and I got home real quick, the ride home felt like 20 minutes. My Dad was telling me about the music and he wanted me to hear it soon, he said it might be something I like. I laughed. I was a little scared to ask my Dad about getting a manager or possibly getting signed, I mean while we were talking Princeton insisted that I should but I still wasn't convinced. My Dad would tell me I'm too young...despite the fact that I'll be 16 in like 3 months but my Dad wouldn't care...it was hard talking to my Dad about these things so I didn't ask. He doesn't even like talking to me about my mom. I remember when I was young I used to go through my Dads old stuff and find things from my mother....I found a book, that was her diary, she had poems and music written in it. I was too young to understand the words but when I look at them now, I do. My Dad did tell me my mom loved music too, he said she was a beautiful singer, but she never wanted to become an artist because she wanted to take care of me. That's all I really know about my mother. She wanted to take care of me.

My Dad was really tired and told me he was gonna take a nap. 💤 I told him goodnight since he wasn't going to wake up probably till the morning. He asked if I was hungry and I told him no. My dad went upstairs and I was alone in the living room. I was really bored, I kind of wanted to be back at that Conjunction House with the boys but you know. I guess I was tired too even though it was only 6, but I turned off the TV and slumped my way up the stairs to my room. I closed the door behind me. I damn near screamed.

Me: Justin??

Justin: shhh!

Justin was sitting on my bed, with the TV on.

Me: Justin what the hell???

Justin: you need to lock that basement door of yours!

Me: why are you here?

Justin: I have a surprise for you, wait what's wrong???

Me: nothing I'm just really tired is all.

Justin: oh...you want me to come back later? I miss you too, how was your day?

Me: fun...I met some new people.

Justin: cool....Ali are you sure everything is ok?

Me: yeah I'm just tired Justin.

Justin: alright

Justin walked over and pulled me into a hug. And leaned in and kissed me. It was a funny kiss, I wanted to pull away, I felt guilty but I still liked Justin and kissing him felt good. It was different from Roc, I don't know why. I don't even know why I'm comparing them both anyway, I just met Roc today. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I jumped.

"you ok?" Justin chuckled.

Me: yeah it was just my phone

"Ali are you ok,?"

Me: yeah I'm fine...why???

Justin: you just seem a little but jumpy is all.

Me: no I'm fine....hahahaha