Chapter 15: New Beginnings

I woke up to my first day of public school. As usual I got dressed, packed my stuff and headed out the door. I don't know how long I'll be in public school, but it shouldn't be too bad. Roc texted me.

Roc: Good luck with your first say at school Ali, if anyone bothers you I'll be up at the school to handle em' lolz.

I smiled.  I really need that. It was 5:55, I walked into the bathroom to get ready for school. I had to admit I was nervous I didn't know anyone, and I mean anyone at that school.  I honestly did not even know what the name of my school was. I remember my Dad told me, but after yesterday I just forgot everything I guess.

I got dressed. And I picked out my best outfit I had in my closet. Red high waisted shorts, black sheer blouse, my red and pink dotted pattern mary janes and my green demin jacket. I curled my hair. Put on my favorite gold earring and Betsey Johnson necklace and packed my bag with all my new school supplies my dad bought me. This was werid. Starting a new semester at a brand new school. I wonder if the kids are as stuck up like the kids at Juliards, or if they are worse and mean and ghetto, I mean it is a public school in LA.

"Ali!" called my Dad, "c'mon its time to go, I have to drop you off now." Before I left my room, I took one good look in the mirror, fixing my hair and everything, ok I was ready. I hopped down the stairs quickly.

"Dad what about breakfast?" I asked. 

"Well you should have came down earlier, here I packed it, heres some money for lunch." he said handing me a bad and $4, I stuffed it in my bad and pulled it over my shoulder. I followed behind my Dad and hopped in the car and I could feel the pit of my stomach turn, I was extremely nervous. My phone vibrated. It was Roc texting me back.

Roc: you nervous?

Me: yes, very :(

..... Roc: don't be! ayye look my cousin Jailee goes to your school. Los Angeles Heights right?

Me: really?? is that supposed to make me feel a whole lot better?

..Roc: well yeah? I'll call her and tell her to meet you out front, give you a tour of the school so you don't feel so bad!

Me: hahaha thanks Roc.

..Roc: no problem Ali..good luck, text me later and tell me how ya day went!

I felt a little relieved, the most uncomfortable thing for me is walking myself, feeling like everyone is staring and you don't even know who they are, to be honest its the worst feeling. I felt it when I first started going to Juliards, but when Justin came with me I felt better. I didn't have to walk alone in a foreign place. And I appreciate Roc asking his cousin to tour me around.

Me: thanks Roc, tell me where to meet your cousin exactly.

.....Roc: I gave her your number she'll call you!

We got to the school, and I can already see kids hanging around, talking, waiting for the 1st advisory bell to ring. I was still hella nervous. I was anxious to get out the car,

"Alright have a wonderful day Ali, Inez will be here later to pick you up after school unless you have to stay after or something just call me and him in case, alright? Have a wonderful day love, I'll be home around 5 tonight." said my Dad

I smiled. "Thanks Dad, I love you" I said giving him a kiss and getting out the car. I shut the passenger seat door and made my way across the school parking lot.  I got a little nervous walking by everyone and I felt awkward, I was waiting on Rocs cousin and everyone was starring at me in a strange way. I could tell I didn't belong. Most of the kids were ratchet, with their neon hello kitty crop tops and bright light up Nike shoes and jordans.