62 | Liam Dunbar

Liam was desperate to tell you how he really felt but he was conscious about you not liking him back, your friendship was too important to him to lose it

"Y/n, can I ask you something?" Liam said quietly.

"Anything." You smiled at him, the smile that melted his heart.

"I like this girl... and I really want to ask her out on a date, but I don't want to ruin our friendship." He admitted.

You'd always liked Liam more than a friend but you'd never had the courage to tell him, now you could lose him, "Anyone would be lucky to have you, Liam." You smiled despite your heart sinking slightly, knowing the girl wasn't you.

"You really think so?" He was extremely nervous as his eyes flickered over your face.

"I know so." You assured him.

He hesitated, plucking up the courage to tell you, "that girl happens to be you..."

Your heart nearly stopped, "what do you think of going on a date with me?" He asked.

You nodded, lost for words, a smile spreading across your face.

"Really?" He grinned, dimples appearing on his cheeks.

"Yes!" You stepped towards him and kissed his cheek quickly.

"Great," he smiled, still in disbelief, "I'll pick you up at 8." He winked before leaving the room, he couldn't contain his happiness any longer, he fist pumped the air and you giggled as you saw him do so.

***