13- A God Slept Two Feet Away From Me?

The above picture is Brynn Lynchman. 

Chapter Thirteen

I stand in the Arrivals side of Lynchburg Regional Airport, my phone case between my teeth as my eyes scan the building as far as I can see. My green eyes flit from one side of the building to the other, from the coffee stand, to baggage claim. My gaze rests on each face only for a moment at a time, before jumping to someone else.

My eyes land on a girl that looks an awful lot like Brynn. I feel my heart leap as I stare at the girls back. Her hair is dark and she has the same height and stature. I silently will the girl to turn around in my head as my gaze burns holes in her back.

I watch as she grabs her luggage and turns around in my direction. My stomach drops. It wasn't her. Shaking my head I regain my search for Brynn in the overly crowded Airport. The huge windows provide a great view of the Apron where all the planes are parked and being serviced.

They also allow a great deal of light to flow through the Airport. I take one more glance at the coffee stand, where people that are arriving, departing or have been delayed stand in lines demanding their unhealthy intake of caffeine. The baristas looked like chickens with their heads cut off. Jumping from station to station, bumping into one another, spilling coffee beans and hot milk everywhere, delaying customers of their flights and coworkers of their service.

I look back over to baggage claim where people stand milling around waiting for their bags to be rolled in on the trolley. One man grabs my attention as he yells at an employee. The man is stout, with orange hair and beard, he has beady eyes and his hair looks like a patch of freshly cut grass. He wears a tweed suit, that is one wash away from falling apart. He stares up at the employee from his humorous height, his beady eyes bristling with fire as his arms flail about.

He points at baggage claim and then over at a plane parked on the Apron, and then back to baggage claim, before shoving his stubby finger into the young man's chest. His arms flail again reminding me much of a Peacock ruffling its feathers when its angry.

I watch the man for a minute more, when he throws his fists in the air and stomps his foot on the concrete floor, repeatedly, making the sound echo through the vaulted ceilings of the airport.

A few people look over at him before continuing with their business. I stare at the man, shocked for a moment before I feel laughter bubble inside of my gut. I stood watching a grown man throw a huge temper tantrum, like a four-year-old. I half expected him to throw himself on the ground and start rolling around thrashing his limbs about on the airport floor as he screams out blasphemies.

I stifle my laugh with my phone as I bite down on the case.

"Ridiculous, isn't it?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I turn my head, my eyes wide as my phone hangs from my mouth, as I look into the familiar hazel eyes of my closest friend and cousin, Brynn Lynchman. My mind takes a moment to catch up with what is happening before I squeal with excitement as I wrap my arms around her neck.

She laughs her airy laugh into my neck as she hugs me back.

"I was stuck with that guy the whole way here." She states before she pulls back and steals another glance at the short stubby man with the orange hair.

"Really?" I cringe as I look at the man myself, his arms still flail about like a bird with a broken wing.

"Yup. Six whole hours of non-stop complaining and griping. Guys a huge perv too. It serves him right that his luggage didn't make it." Brynn says as she sticks out her tongue in the man's direction.