9- It's A Bird! It's A Plane! It's An Angel!

Chapter Nine

"I'm not wearing that." I say as I stare at the atrocity before me. Kyan had just brought over my costume and presented it to me. It was even in one of those protective bags for suits and formal dresses.

He had said hello to mom before coming up here and holding the bag up as if he had just won the world cup. I must admit I was pretty excited until I saw it. I must have known; he'd get me something like this.

I mean c'mon it's Kyan we're talking about here.

I stand before a white dress. Well mostly a dress. I must say it is gorgeous. It has a corset style waist and bust to it, with the ribbon's zig-zagging down the front. It is made of a silky soft material, almost chiffon.

It's in a flowy manner that carries itself down to what I imagine is about, above my knees. Then it has fragments that have an elegant shredded look that go down to my calf.

Accompanied with it, is a pair of gorgeous silk heels, that have ribbons wrapping around my calves. And also the most gorgeous pair of wings. The wings extend to almost the length of my arms out stretched and down to my ankles. It is decorated perfectly in white feathers. It looks so realistic.

I'm speechless.

"Why not?" Kyan asks as he furrows his eyebrows looking at the costume.

"Because I'll look like one of those fake, decked out Victoria's Secret Fashion Models."

Kyan scrunches up his nose "You're too pretty for that."

I raise up my hand "They're pretty too."

"Yes, but in a different way. They're flaunting it, they're simply pretending. They're advertising themselves in a revolting manner." He turns to me "You don't have too. Because you are already beautiful. You don't have to pretend to be an angel. And you are nothing like them and everyone knows it."

I stare at him with my big green eyes. I am speechless again. It takes me aback at what he has just said about me. He thinks I am beautiful. And he thinks that I don't need to pretend to be an angel, because I am one.

He thinks I'm an angel.

Stop it Naomi! He doesn't like you! You know that. So stop pretending he ever could.

"What are you going as?" I ask as I look back at the dress and wings. I brush a hand across the feathers.

"I'm going as a soldier in the Army." Kyan announces next to me.

I look back at him with a gob smacked expression "Why can't I do something like that?! It's so normal!"

Kyan looks down at me again. His swimming blue eyes look at me from underneath his thick furrowed eyebrows. His full pink lips turn into a small smile. He raises a hand, and his fingertips brush my upper arm, trailing down my arm until they curl around my wrist.

"Because you're not normal. You're better than normal." His lips twitch as his eyes look at me with a very deep form of compassion and care "Besides, every soldier needs his guardian angel."

---

Long story short, Kyan manipulated me into going as an angel. He batted his eyelashes and complimented me, before making me feel bad, before I finally and reluctantly might I add, gave into his antics.

So here I stood in front of a mirror at seven O'clock in the white dress and pair of wings from earlier. My deep chestnut hair falls down my back in soft locks, oh that's another thing. The back.