7- Naive Naomi

*WARNING: This chapter is emotional and full of drama and possible tears. Also contains some violence and abuse. May be a possible trigger!*

Chapter Seven

Franco walked away without another word, a big smile etched across his face. Never in my life had I felt this befuddled, confused and just plain shocked.

I slap Kyan's hand off my leg and put all my strength into my arm as I punched him. He almost fell off his chair, but I still didn't feel satisfied.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" I screech as I stand up abruptly from the chair, knocking it down behind me. Kyan simply folds hands behind his head and leaned back in his chair with a smirk.

"I told you I'd get you back for calling me an idiot. AND for wiping your hand on me."

I stare at him dumbfounded, and probably as red as I was when he caught me without pants on. Except this was from anger and not from embarrassment.

"What? It's one guy that now thinks we are together." Kyan asks nonchalantly. I shake my head and pinch the bridge of my nose, the headache I was going to receive from this would kill me.

I lay my hands on the table and put all my weight on my arms leaning in close to his face, one inch closer and I could kiss him.

No! Bad Naomi! Don't fall for it! Don't look into those darned eyes of his! Your peeved at him, you can't think like that!

"Franco's wife is best friends with my mother!" I yell at him "She will tell Paul! And if she doesn't, he'll find out sooner or later!"

"What's wrong with Paul?"

I swallow hard "Nothing. They just won't like it."

I can see the flash of emotion in his eyes. He knows what he just did. He understands now. He opens his mouth to speak but snaps it shut and tries again. I shake my head at him and push off the table I bring my hands up to my head and brush my hair down.

I look out the window with the backwards lettering that says 'Franco's Pastries'. The sun is going down over the tree's. I shake my head again as I snatch my phone and slide it into my back pocket.

"We need to go." I say curtly not sparing him a second glance. He stands up quietly and walks out of the door behind me.

We get in the car and drive the short ten minutes back home in complete and tense silence. I can sense Kyan staring at me, worried. He knows he messed up. Big time too.

But not once does he try talking to me or justifying anything. He's clearly had some experience with women. He knows not to say anything when we're like this. If he did I'd shove his phone down his throat.

He pulls up next to our houses and parks on the side of the street. I don't wait for him to turn off the car before I'm already out. I slam the door closed and start walking towards the gap between our houses.

"So are you just gonna ignore me now?" Kyan asks right behind me.

I turn around just enough to give him a pointed look before I put my foot in one of the holes in the trellis against the wall of Kyan's home. I feel his hands on my legs steadying me. I knew he was coming from a good place but that didn't mean I had to be happy about him touching me.

I climbed up the wall and onto his window, before carefully stretching across the gap and leaping into my window, rehearsing the same thing I did the night we snuck out for tacos. I climb through my window, being careful not to fall and jump down onto my floor.