4- Mickey Mouse Briefs and Hobos' Butt Crack

Chapter Four

The smell was truly awful. It smelled like a hobo's butt crack throughout my entire room. I got home last night at a ghastly hour and fallen asleep fine. And then morning came and I had nearly tripped over my bed and cracked my head open on the nightstand trying to get to my toilet in time.

I felt another gag. My grip on the toilet bowl grew tighter as the bile rose in my throat. Clearly god wasn't too happy with me sneaking out with the boy I just met next door at three in the morning to go and eta tacos until the sun came up. Shame on me. I get it now.

This puking constantly wasn't helping my ribs either. It already hurt to do anything they were so sore and sensitive. I couldn't breathe well or walk very fast. Much less regurgitate my curdled organs into the toilet every five minutes.

I hadn't moved from this spot on the floor in front of the toilet for almost an hour. My mom had come in and found me and took my temperature, all the usual mothering things they do. And then told me to stay home from school.

She went to go tell Paul, and let's say he wasn't too happy about me missing school whether I was sick or not. If he had his way he would have sent me going to school, even if I was sick as a dog with Ebola, his words, not mine.

He stormed out of the house leaving a trail of smoke in his wake as he cursed all the profanities in the list of profanities to the great gods above. He wasn't happy about me not being able to turn in my paper that was due Friday either.

I spit into the bowl as my stomach writhes within me like a menacing beast, daring me to stand up or even so much as move. I put my hand on my forehead and lean on the toilet.

Just then the sound of 'Should I stay or should I go' by the Clash sounds throughout my bathroom, indicating that Kyan was calling me. We had paused for a short moment last night when we arrived home and exchanged numbers. I used that song by The Clash, because it was the first song I heard associated with him. When we met yesterday it was playing when I went to his room.

I groan audibly as I raise up ever so slightly and feel around my counter for my phone. It takes a while until I feel the cold case underneath my fingers, and I slide it off the counter.

I swipe the green call button to the right and hold the phone to my ear. I held onto my phone for dear life, cause the last thing I needed was my phone slipping from my shoulder and falling into the bottomless pit of chum that was once golden tacos.

"Hello?" I ask exasperatedly.

"Are you sick too?" I hear Kyan's voice echo on the other line. Best guess, he's chained to the toilet in his bathroom too.

"Yeah." I sniffle "Food poisoning?" I ask as my stomach flips again.

"I think so" he says sounding so pitiful "I don't think I can ever eat a taco again. Goodbye crunchy fresh gooeyness. Seriously, I didn't know food could look like this coming back up for a second time."

"Me either." I say as I spit into the toilet again.

I hear the doorbell ring just as Kyan's voice speaks in my ear "I think my mom was coming over to yours."

I hear the door open and my mother greet Mrs. Leighton. I listen in on the conversation.

"Good morning! I just wanted to let you know that Kyan was sick this morning, so he won't be going to school, I know you said that you come home for lunch sometimes, and I wanted to know if you could check on him?" Mrs. Leighton speaks.