8- Party Pooper

Chapter Eight

It has been a few days since Paul beat me for 'being with someone else'. Since then I've forgiven Kyan, he told Franco that he was just joking around with me, and getting me back for something I did. It didn't take long for the whole town to hear about, especially Paul.

He still seems ticked, and he hasn't apologized, but then again, Paul doesn't apologize. Ever. Kyan has though. I ignored him for a few days, and he has since apologized to me a good ten times. I can tell it's hard too.

He doesn't apologize much. I've noticed a lot of things actually. He doesn't treat his parents very well. They are very kind and always loving to him, but he just brushes them off. He seems to distance himself from them a lot.

I just can't figure out why.

The last few weeks have sped by. The teachers have thrown tests, essays, quizzes, assignments, papers, and assessments at us. The more homework they gave met the more pestering from Kyan I got. He wouldn't leave me alone.

Constantly begging me to sneak out and hang out, do this and do that. So far I've snuck out a total of five times in the last few weeks of knowing him. FIVE TIMES! This boy is doing things to me. He is turning me into something I never thought I'd be. And the more I think about it the more I realize that it is what I've been missing. I don't do anything.

I have no friends. No one invites me to parties or to do anything. I'm the nerd. The outsider. The sweet little princess that does what she's told and never back talks. The weirdo. The freak.

I do all group assignments on my own because no one wants to work with me. I keep my head down and stay out of trouble. All I do is study for the last ten years of my life. It's not even a life anymore. I no longer have a life to be lived.

I turn the water off in the shower as I step out and dry off before getting dressed. I put on a big warm white knitted sweater that goes to the end of my finger tips and almost my knees. I then put on some soft jeans and my boots. It's now October.

The entire school has been hustling and bustling. Even more now that Halloween has turned up. Every hallway id lined with banners and orange, purple and black tinsel draped, hanging from the ceilings. Every locker, either has a picture of a ghost, pumpkin, or bat on it.

I can practically smell the pumpkin spice latte from the confines of my room. And the closest Starbucks was four blocks away. The entire student body was talking about what costumes to wear and who was throwing the best party. Not that I would be going. Paul wouldn't let me go anywhere. He wouldn't even give out candy. We would just turn the lights off, close the blinds and lock the doors.

Party pooper.

I brushed through my wet hair and put a snug cream and brown colored beanie on my head. Placing some blush on my cheeks and some mascara on my eyelashes I winced. I still hurt. My ribs are in so much pain I can't even move. Lifting my arms to do anything hurts too.

I still have a cut on my cheek and my head hurts. I had been cut by some glass, and was sore in certain places on my scalp. I snatched up my phone from the charger and tucked it away into my back pocket. Grabbing my key's, I open my door and leave the house.

I see a very familiar red Lexus parked outside my house, with a very familiar figure inside. I adjust my side bag on my shoulder and walk up to the car, leaning my forearms on the window.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Kyan who is staring at his phone.

"I'm picking you up for school. I think the words you are looking for are 'thank you'." He replies without looking up.