doubt

doubt – chapter seventy five

rosie

"You can't even take care of her anymore, Bobby!" Natalie yelled. "15 years sober and now you're doing this? Do you realize that Rosalie lost her siblings, her mom, and now she's losing you?"

"She's not going to lose me! She's my daughter and I can take care of her! I always did since Sarah left her!" My dad yelled back. "Just because you're her aunt doesn't means that you have any rights! She's my daughter, not yours."

"I'm just saying that you need help! You need to get better again for your own good. For Rosalie's safety."

"No."

"Bobby, listen to me. Rosalie called me at two in the morning; she was deadly worried about you. She called the police and her friends to help find you and you were passed out in a bar! This is your definition of taking care of her? Keeping her safe? You are going to a clinic. And Rosalie is going to stay with me and Lydia until you get better."

My eyes shot open and the first thing I saw was my cousin.

"Rosie! Thank God you woke up, are you okay?" Lydia asked, hugging me.

"I'm okay."

But I'm not.

**************

stiles

I entered my Dad's office, following him.

"I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight."

"Please go to school." Dad cut me.

"Dad, this kid's a werewolf!"

"Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a banshee. Your friend is a werecoyote. I'm still don't know what Kira's supposed to be." He argued. "When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school." He groaned.

"What did you do?" I asked, looking at him.

"What?" He asked. "What do you mean, "What did I do"?"

"There's something different about you." I said, looking at his clothes.

"What are you talking about?"

I walked closer to him, taking a better look. "What is it? What's different?"

"For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school!" He pushed me back.

"I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens." I tried.

"No. You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion." He said.