memory

memory – chapter sixty four

(let's just pretend that's rosie and not lydia yay bye)

rosie

"Your dad should be back within' the hour." Parrish said. "You want to wait in his office?"

"Actually, we want to talk to you." Stiles shrugged.

"Privately."

Parrish nods and we walk towards Sheriff's office, where Lydia gives the list to him so he can read it.

"This is a hit list?" He asked.

"We call it a dead pool." Stiles said, crossing his arms. "Recognize any of the names?"

"Yeah." Parrish nods. "The Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night. But we couldn't find any of them."

I looked at Lydia. "Show him the other thing."

Lydia grabbed the list and opened it, then she gave it back to Parrish again. He widened his eyes.

"Okay. That's kind of terrifying." Parrish mumbled, looking at the list. "what's the number?"

"That's how much you're worth." Lydia replied.

Parrish looked at us. "I'm worth five dollars?"

 "I'm worth five dollars?"

"Five million." Stiles said.

"I only made 40,000 a year." Parrish scoffed. "Maybe I should kill myself. I don't get it. Why... Why am I on this?"

"Honestly, that might be a question for another day." Stiles murmured. "Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."

"We need the third cipher key." I said. "But we need help getting it."

"From who?" Parrish asked.

"Meredith." Lydia mumbled.

"The girl from Eichen? Lydia, the last time you saw her, you almost gave her a nervous breakdown." Parrish said, opening the door.

"Uh... Almost. And Rosie is going to be there in case I get too crazy." Lydia said and I nodded.

*****

The nurse was opening the door when Stiles and I saw someone at the end of the hall walking towards us. Oh, great.

"Oh, no, not this guy;" Stiles groaned.

Brunski approached us. "What the hell are we running here?" He grabbed the keys from the nurse. "A bed and breakfast? You do not just open the door for anyone with a badge."

We need to talk to Meredith Walker." Parrish said and Brunski looked at him. "It involves a murder investigation."

"Well, you can talk to her all you want, but these three, especially that one—" He pointed at Stiles. "They're outta here."