relic

relic– chapter ninety eight

scott

I looked up to the ceiling, there was a black mark on it. I turned my head to the side and I saw Rosie talking on the phone with her father,

"That's how he got in?" Corey asked.

"What is it?" Liam asked.

"It's a point of impact from a lighting strike. Usually, you'd find charred spots like that on the ground after a violent thunderstorm." Mason explained.

"That's how the ghost rider got in. He rode the lightning." I said, looking at Liam.

"If they can use lightning to get past the mountain ash..."

"No place is safe." I finished for him.

"What about the others? It's all my fault they're marked." Corey asked.

"We'll find a way to protect them. All of them."

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
rosie

"It's a Relic." Lydia said, looking down at the library card that Corey and Liam found.

"What's a Relic?" Malia asked.

"An object with a fixed association to the past. Jake's ID was left behind after he was taken. And Gwen found her sister's bracelet on her bedroom floor." Lydia said.

"How can someone be erased, and still leave something behind?" Malia asked.

"A conservation of mass. The total mass of any isolated system remains constant." I explained.

"So, even the Ghost Riders have a weakness." Scott said.

"A Relic would be a proof that Stiles existed." Malia pointed out.

"And maybe we can bring him back." Scott said, looking at me.

For some reason. The thought of that made my heart beat 10 times faster.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

Sheriff looked at the ID card between his fingers.

"You want to search my house?" He asked Lydia and I.

I leaned in against his desk. "People are leaving things behind. So if Stiles left anything—"

"Why, why would it be there?" Sheriff interrupted me.

I looked at Lydia and then back at him. "You can't just erase people. They leave things behind."

He looked at me and I sighed, knowing this wasn't going to be easy.

"I couldn't sleep last night. So, um, I got up, figured I'd do some paperwork." He said, dropping the card on his desk and looking at me. "The files were in the back f my car. So, I, I got to the garage, and some junk has fallen off a shelf and I, I stubbed my toe on an old baseball bat. Without thinking I yelled a name..."

I breathed out. "Stiles."

"