eight hours

eight hours - chapter forty six

thank you for 20.6k views!!!!

rosie

Scott and I followed Stiles to the chemistry classroom.

"So then Rosie starts telling me about the phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right?" Stiles said, entering the classroom. "And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in...." He stopped, looking at the board. "It's gone." My boyfriend turned around. "Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." He said, grabbing his key ring and searching for the key. "What the hell?" He whispers. "I had it... I had it here. I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning."

"The key you were talking about last night?" Scott asked him and I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right?" Stiles asked him. "Didn't I show it to you?"

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." Scott mumbled.

"I saw it." I said.

Stiles started breathing heavily, he looked at the board again. "I was here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet."

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" Scott asked.

"I know how it sounds..." Stiles said, grabbing a paper from his pocket. "But look at this. This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used. See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present. What does that sound like to you?"

"Coach." Scott mumbled. "The joke we played on Coach."

"That was my idea." Stiles said. "You remember? That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be."

"I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either." Scott said and I nodded.

I watched as Stiles looked at the board again, like he was about to explode.

"It was here. It was all here." He whispered and I took a step closer to him, placing my hand on his back and rubbing it.

"Dude, are you feeling okay?" Scott asked him and Stiles looked at him. "You're looking really tired."

And he did. I'm so worried about Stiles. I need to help him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really..." Stiles murmured.

"Why don't you go home?" Scott asked. "Take a sick day or something. Rosie can stay with you, her dad probably will aprove it."

"Yes." I nodded my head, looking at Stiles as Scott tapped his shoulder.

***

I walked through the hallways of the hospital. After talking to Scott, I told Stiles to go the hospital and see if we could do something to make him feel better. I had to stay to talk to my dad and convince him to let me take a day off. And now, and I'm at the hospital.

I knocked at the door two times and opened it, seeing Melissa standing up next to Stiles, who was sitting on a hospital bed. I entered the room and closed the door, walking at Stiles.