drowing

drowing - chapter fifteen

do you want me to do a playlist?

p.s.: read the final notes pls

rosie

I was a little uncomfortable in that room, we were all forced to speak to Ms. Morrell, so Stiles and I are here. But I don't want to talk.

"I know this is difficult and and I know that the both of you don't want to be here. But we need to talk." Ms. Morrell said.

"You know when you're drowing, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out." Stiles spoke up. "It's called voluntary apnea. It's like no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. But then when you finally do let it in, that's when it stops hurting. It's not scary anymore. It's actually kind of peaceful..."

"Are you saying you hope Matt felt some peace in his last moments?" Ms. Morrell asked.

Stiles looked at her. "I don't feel sorry for him."

Ms. Morrell looked at me. "What about you, Rosalie?"

I looked at my fingers, I shake my head, trying to say something. But I didn't.

"Well... Can you feel sorry for the nine-year old Matt who drowned?" She asked us.

"Just beacause a bunch of dumbasses dragged him into a pool when he couldn't swim doesn't really give him the right to go off killing them one by one." I finally spoke.

"And by the way, my dad told me that they found a bunch of pictures of Allison on Matt's computer. And not just of her though. I mean, he photoshopped himself into these pictures. Stuff like them holding hands and kissing. You know, like he had built this whole fake relationship so yeah, maybe drowing when he was nine years old was what sent him off the rails, but the dude was definitely riding the crazy train."

Ms. Morrells nods. "One positive thing came out of this, though. Right?"

"Yeah. My dad's the Sheriff again. But I still feel like there's something wrong between us. I don't know. It's just like tension when we talk. Same thing with Scott."

"Have you talked to him since that night?" She asked.

"No, not really. I mean, he's got his own problems to deal with though."

"Rosalie?" I looked at her. "Have you talked to Scott? Or any of your friends?"

"No. Just Stiles. I tried to talk with Allison but she's trying to deal with her mother's death. Lydia still not talking with me for some reason, she's a bit angry for breaking up with Jackson."

"You father told me you had nightmares."

"Someone pointed a gun at me, I could've died. So yeah, I had some bad dreams, but I'm fine."

"And what about your relationship? You two have been dating for a while now. How are you doing?"

"We're fine." I said and Stiles nod, squeezing my hand.

"And what about you, Stiles? Feeling some anxiety about that championship game tomorrow night?"

"Why would you ask me that?" He asked, bitting the rope. "Ah. Uh, no. I-I never actually play. But hey, since one of the teammates is dead and another one's missing, who knows, right?"

I looked at my hand entwined in Stiles' and played with his fingers.

"You mean, Isaac? One of the three runaways. You haven't heard from any of them, have you?" Ms. Morrell asked.